PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Adventure

Bartmanhomer
2019-10-20, 08:50 PM
Halloween is right around the corner. I know that Halloween campaign fits very well in D&D 3.5. And this is where Disguise skill check comes into play. What was your most memorable Halloween adventure in D&D 3.5? :smile:

weckar
2019-10-21, 01:23 AM
We played tomb of horrors for Halloween one year. 'Twas fun.

SpicyBoi_Nezu
2019-10-21, 10:31 AM
We played a game that was based highly off of modern day, with home-brewed classes like Officer, Security Guard, Engineer, Construction Worker, Teacher, Nurse, Cashier, and Janitor. And we all started the campaign with only note-cards containing minimum information, like what we had on us, and our hit-points. We would discover things about our characters as we played, and once we guessed our class, he would hand us our character sheet. We essentially played at level one, where our tank (the construction worker) had 15 hit points and our teacher had 4. We fought off weird shadow creatures while running for our life in circles because none of us bothered to draw a map (Only our engineer had the skill to, and he was busy). We played it very "Every Man For Himself" style, where one character died in the first area and we only found the corpse, and another made almost every roll perfectly (Rolling a total of 6 nat 20s) and left us all behind, reaching safety within the first 20 minutes of the game. In the end, half the party survived only to find that they were the last humans alive.

DodermanDefense
2019-10-24, 01:40 PM
I run a blog, take a peek at my homepage on my profile. Around this time of year, it's nothing but Halloween-themed homebrew. And we do that every year.
Anyway.
Recently, I did up stats for Jason and Freddy, both of which are solid horror movie/Halloween staples begging to be imported to the tabletop.
In fact, just grab a handful of slasher movies and jump-flicks. They're pretty much all adventure modules that just need written up.
Anything Tim Burton, especially The Nightmare Before Christmas, makes for great adventure inspiration and often lends itself well to Halloween-themed D&D.
The rule of thumb I try to stick with is keep it spooky and fun. That's what Halloween is all about!
And candy.
It's also all about candy.

DodermanDefense
2019-10-24, 01:43 PM
We played a game that was based highly off of modern day, with home-brewed classes like Officer, Security Guard, Engineer, Construction Worker, Teacher, Nurse, Cashier, and Janitor. And we all started the campaign with only note-cards containing minimum information, like what we had on us, and our hit-points. We would discover things about our characters as we played, and once we guessed our class, he would hand us our character sheet. We essentially played at level one, where our tank (the construction worker) had 15 hit points and our teacher had 4. We fought off weird shadow creatures while running for our life in circles because none of us bothered to draw a map (Only our engineer had the skill to, and he was busy). We played it very "Every Man For Himself" style, where one character died in the first area and we only found the corpse, and another made almost every roll perfectly (Rolling a total of 6 nat 20s) and left us all behind, reaching safety within the first 20 minutes of the game. In the end, half the party survived only to find that they were the last humans alive.

You sir, are blessed with an excellent DM.

Psyren
2019-10-25, 12:08 PM
IIRC there are sample adventure ideas/hooks in both Heroes of Horror (3.5) and Horror Adventures (PF).

Bartmanhomer
2019-10-25, 07:09 PM
How's scary us the Heroes Of Horror And Horror Adventures is? :smile: