PDA

View Full Version : Abjuration Spell help...

Nefariis
2019-10-20, 09:23 PM
The wizard in my campaign found an Abjuration spell on dndbeyond's homebrew section

https://www.dndbeyond.com/spells/28691-arcane-ward

I wanted to get your impressions of it -

I do like that its concentration but maybe too good for second level?

thoughts?

Teaguethebean
2019-10-20, 09:29 PM
Seems far to strong as the spell stone skin is a 5th level spell (https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Stoneskin#content) with a 100gp gold piece cost that is consumed. In closing, way to op. Take a look at wording bond and work from there for a good 2nd lv abjuration spell.

airless_wing
2019-10-20, 09:30 PM
So its a lower level than Stoneskin that also boosts AC and doesnt cost 100 gp to cast.

Yeah, that’s way to powerful.

Rara1212
2019-10-21, 06:27 AM
Seems far to strong as the spell stone skin is a 5th level spell with a 100gp gold piece cost that is consumed. In closing, way to op. Take a look at wording bond and work from there for a good 2nd lv abjuration spell.

4th Lvl According to roll20. But I agree, way to strong. Only downside compared to Stone skin is the 10min duration vs Stone skins 1h, but that doesn't really matter.

Bobthewizard
2019-10-21, 07:01 AM
I wish that DnD Beyond would have you submit spells without attaching a level and then have staff review and assign a level or have other forum members vote on a level. Some of the spells on there seem 2-3 levels too low for how powerful they are.

As far as the original spell, it's better than stone skin and doesn't require concentration. I'd make it a 5th or 6th level spell. Fire shield is level 4 and only gives resistance to cold or fire.

Nefariis
2019-10-21, 11:17 AM
thank you guys for the reply - I completely forgot about stone skin.

if I wanted to make this spell a level 2 for him, how does this sound?

concentration 10 minutes
no AC bonus
range touch
picks one type of damage resistance

Thank you guys again

Damon_Tor
2019-10-21, 11:23 AM
You could let them cast Blade Ward as a touch spell.