PDA

View Full Version : Homunculus help (3.5)

schreier
2019-10-22, 06:53 AM
For a wizard with craft construct - he can make an homunculus. If he takes improved homunculus, he can add special abilities to the construct.

I am trying to build one up, and just want to make sure I understand how it works.

I know that a dedicated wright defaults to 1HD, has a hammer, skills of Craft (any) +7 and Craft (any) +4, feat Skill Focus (Craft)

There is a line in the artificer ability craft homunculus that restricts the homunculus to Artificer HD - 2.

The advancement listing increases size to small for 2-3 HD.

Based on that listing, the creature will have Weapon Proficiency (hammer), and the only class skill is Craft, right?

As the construct advances, it will get 2+Int bonus (starting at 0) skill points, 1 feat every 3 levels, and 1 attribute point every 4 levels. From 2HD on, it will be small size but not increase beyond that (and it will gain 10hp at small).

Is that correct?

With the improved homunculus feat, I can add up 6 special abilities at 18+HD, but that is the only real benefit of the feat, right? Since I can already increase HD?

Is there a limit to HD for non-artificers?

It does not seem like there is a RAW way to add tempates, although the Ritual of Vitality from Savage Species might allow it?