PDA

View Full Version : Speculation Fey Invasion

ZenBear
2019-10-22, 08:56 AM
So the other day my friends and I were watching random YouTube videos and we came across the Local 58, a fantastic little channel full of creepy and esoteric videos. One of my favorites is Weather Service (https://youtu.be/M75VLQuFPrY) which you should definitely take the few minutes to watch. It inspired me to dream up an encounter based on its premise, and I would like some assistance in constructing its mechanics.

Watch the video first, spoilers below.

So the concept in my mind is, as the title suggests, Fey invade a village, town, or city by casting a mass Charm spell through the light of the moon. The party will be indoors when the spell is cast, providing them time to react and avoid being immediately enchanted. I'm imagining that perhaps the local Wizard in their tower casts a Sending spell warning the party not to look at the moon, or maybe the head Cleric of the local temple is targeted first and they use Thaumaturgy to enhance their voice and start shouting for people to look up. I need some more ideas for this, because it will be very important to set the right tone of uncertainty and fear.

Once feces makes contact with the whirling blades of air pushing, the party will have to escape from the area while Fey invaders try to bring them down, all the while making saves against Charm and being peppered with sleep-poisoned arrows from swarms of Sprites. This will make for an interesting chase scene where the party will have to injure each other to snap them out of the enchantments and wake them from sleep, becoming a silly slap-stick benny hill montage in the midst of what could be a rather PG evil overlord takeover or a horrible slaughter of the villagers, depending on the tone of your campaign.

Thoughts?