PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Feinting and E6/P6

Hunter Noventa
2019-10-22, 02:16 PM
My group is going to be starting up a P6 campaign soon, and I'm wondering how effective feinting is at those levels, since I'm considering the Fencing sphere from Spheres of Might for one of my possible builds. I know it at least partially depends on what you're fighting, since animals and the like are harder to feint against, but in general how is it?

The DCs seem pretty high for something you're going to cap at around +12 to (Assuming 6 ranks, class skill bonus, and 16 cha which might be tough). What items and feats are there to further boost your feinting ability, aside from the obvious Improved Feint? Is it worth going for?

Dr_Dinosaur
2019-10-22, 03:41 PM
The Fencing Sphere counts as Improved Feint, so you won't need that. Otherwise it's a Bluff check so anything that boosts those will help. Skill Focus and Deceitful are nicely generic feats for any class, and there's items (some kind of perfume and book iirc) that can help, but Rogues get talents to boost it and Bards get Pageant of the Peacock, so I'd suggest Archaeologist Bard as the best feinter in P6.

Archaeologist's Luck still counts as Bardic Performance so you can take PotP, grab Honeyed Words as your 4th level Rogue Talent and the Fate's Favored Trait, and cap it off with the Lingering Performance feat just for really difficult skill checks (doesn't help with Feinting much). Now you can either get a +4 to Bluff and be great at Int skills with Pageant or a +3 to basically every roll from Luck and reroll one Bluff check every day (to avoid that unlucky 1)!