PDA

View Full Version : Is there a plane with more than one tarrasque?

Trandir
2019-10-22, 05:16 PM
Just as the title ask

emulord
2019-10-22, 05:25 PM
https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/116104/was-there-ever-a-published-world-of-tarrasques

Yes, its from Planescape and its called Falx

Troacctid
2019-10-22, 05:26 PM
Spelljammer has an entire planet full of tarrasques. Some sages have speculated that all tarrasques originate from there.

Trandir
2019-10-22, 05:40 PM
Well that was fast. Saved the name and a link to the manual for future use. Thanks playgrounders you never fail me

Remuko
2019-10-23, 02:59 AM
Well that was fast. Saved the name and a link to the manual for future use. Thanks playgrounders you never fail me

keep in mind thats a planet not a plane. near as I can tell, its still on the material plane, just way off in space.

Khedrac
2019-10-23, 03:09 AM
Actualy, if you want to be picky, they are not described as actual tarrasques, but creatures with the same statistics...
(When I have run stuff involving the planet I had them lack the wish -to-kill limitation, but otherwise the same.)

I also think this means they don't have the same fluff - like spending most of their time asleep...

Malphegor
2019-10-23, 04:24 AM
tbf the spelljammer tarrasques are way more peaceful because they're in an atmosphere that doesn't make them as constantly furious as normal settings.

I think they're herbivores somehow in spelljammer too, which to me tells me 'do not anger them' because between hippos and rhinos humans really need to learn that large herbivores usually means 'more likely to murder you indiscriminately'

BWR
2019-10-23, 06:05 AM
https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/116104/was-there-ever-a-published-world-of-tarrasques

Yes, its from Planescape and its called Falx

Spelljammer, actually.

HouseRules
2019-10-23, 09:36 AM
Actualy, if you want to be picky, they are not described as actual tarrasques, but creatures with the same statistics...
(When I have run stuff involving the planet I had them lack the wish -to-kill limitation, but otherwise the same.)

I also think this means they don't have the same fluff - like spending most of their time asleep...

Tarrasque are Clerics of some unknown ancient god, so their race are other possible classes.
It's just that the developers never complete the lore for their race.

Afghanistan
2019-10-23, 10:03 AM
I think they're herbivores somehow in spelljammer too

The writers of Spelljammer were either high, or held at gun point to make a creature with fangs and claws that massive into an herbivore, however given Spelljammers production history, I think I'd need to be on something to work in that environment.

Telok
2019-10-23, 10:20 AM
The writers of Spelljammer were either high, or held at gun point to make a creature with fangs and claws that massive into an herbivore, however given Spelljammers production history, I think I'd need to be on something to work in that environment.

Of course we can't rule out the both-at-the-same-time option either.

Khedrac
2019-10-23, 11:33 AM

As other people have pointed out, Hippo and Rhino to which I would add Cape Buffalo (which I believe to be one of the most aggressive animals in the world). As for the claws and fangs, may I refer you to the Giant Panda - natural weaposn often come from the evolutionary history of an animal, not its enviromental niche.

As for the world, Falx, I liked to put is as the D&D version of Trenco from the EE 'Doc' Smith "Lensman" novels - a world that is unbelieveably hostile even without encountering its inhabitants.

unseenmage
2019-10-23, 12:27 PM
...As for the claws and fangs, may I refer you to the Giant Panda - natural weaposn often come from the evolutionary history of an animal, not its enviromental niche.
Koala.

That said maybe the terrasque planet is in the Australia system.