PDA

View Full Version : Druid speaking with animal companion?

Tyger
2007-10-17, 02:32 PM
Would it be unbalancing to allow a druid (and yes, I know they are already scary on the power scale) to speak to their companion?

Reel On, Love
2007-10-17, 02:33 PM
Would it be unbalancing to allow a druid (and yes, I know they are already scary on the power scale) to speak to their companion?

It wouldn't make the druid significantly better enough to worry. They can already do it via Speak with Animals, and later on the party (including the companion) tends to get Telepathic Bonds...

Nevar
2007-10-17, 02:51 PM
They could speak to them however the converstation would not be inteligent as thier companions Inteligance does not increase unless you take arecane hierphant and make a companion familiar in which is a whole nother ball game

Ranger J
2007-10-19, 01:06 PM
I guess it would depend on the reason for wanting to do it and whether or not you feel it would disrupt your gaming. If they just want to be able to do it to be silly (much like a bard we had in our group wanting "air guitar" as his instrument) then you should decide what tone your game has. If they want to do it for combat reasons then you should also be wary of allowing them to discuss complex tactics with their companion. But if there is an acceptable motivation, I don't see any reason not to allow that to be a class benefit at some point. Its definately within the realm of believable druid powers. Maybe throw it in at a certain level if you want to control when your druids can start casually conversing with their companion.

Tiki Snakes
2007-10-20, 02:53 PM
Suddenly I really, really want to play a Druid who converses with his animal companion. By that I mean, rather; "Whose a fuzzy wuzzy? Yes you are! Yes you are! Yooze a Fuzzy Wuzzy!"

Man, that's such a good idea. ^_^