PDA

View Full Version : Artificer Help.

Waterbottle
2019-10-23, 01:10 PM
Hey Folks,

I´m playing in a game with a group I´m in and I´m playing A Drow with the only modification is that instead of +2 DEX and +1 CHA I´m getting +2 DEX and +1 INT. I´m playing it with the old version of the Artificer playing the Gunsmith subclass. I need any ideas of how to do as much damage as possible and if it helps at all we´re starting at level three with no multi-classing. Thanks.

Wildarm
2019-10-23, 01:45 PM
Hey Folks,

I´m playing in a game with a group I´m in and I´m playing A Drow with the only modification is that instead of +2 DEX and +1 CHA I´m getting +2 DEX and +1 INT. I´m playing it with the old version of the Artificer playing the Gunsmith subclass. I need any ideas of how to do as much damage as possible and if it helps at all we´re starting at level three with no multi-classing. Thanks.

Older alchemist build had some weird synergy issues. For the gunsmith it was just a similar damage progression as a ranged Rogue. Very boring TBH and not that much beyond sharpshooter you could do to increase your DPR.

I'd suggest talking to your DM about access to muskets and just use a Battlesmith. Drow have started picking up firearm use in Forgotten Realms so it works well for the flavor. It should give a similar feel to the old gunsmith(Robo Buddy and magic gun) but the build works so much smoother and has more utility. Grab a +1 Repeating Musket and you're ready to pew pew all day long. Iron defender is a way better pet compared to the mechanical servant and you get it at level 3. For DPR stack on sharpshooter and arcane weapon and you'll be fine.

Damon_Tor
2019-10-23, 02:07 PM
One important note is that reloading your weapon is a bonus action, but not necessarily YOUR bonus action. This means your robotic companion can use it's bonus action to reload it for you. So once you get the haste spell you can cast it on yourself, use the haste action to make your special thunder attack, then use your normal action to ready another thunder attack once your companion has reloaded your weapon for you.