PDA

View Full Version : Drow and related stuff

Tangleweed
2019-10-24, 12:20 PM
So, I am getting together monstercards and statblocks related to a Drow faction in one of my games. Apart from the Drows mentioned and the Drider, what other creatures are thematically tied to the drow? I always omagined Blink Dogs, but thats probably not correct as they are "fey". One could of course justify anything, but what oter stuff is usually realated to Drows?

Pls and thenk you!

HappyDaze
2019-10-24, 12:26 PM
Demons. Lesser ones as serving as thralls and more powerful ones as unreliable partners (perhaps only slightly more unreliable than other drow...).

Spiders. Just about any and all spider creatures are sacred to Lolth.

Slaves. If a drow can capture it, a drow can force it in some manner to obey. These can be surface folk, but are more often other Underdark denizens.

Undead. These are just slaves that are still on the shelf after the expiration date.

Constructs & Elementals. Tools are tools regardless of the alignment of the creator/summoner.

Millstone85
2019-10-24, 01:50 PM
I always omagined Blink Dogs, but thats probably not correct as they are "fey".Drow are still elves with fey ancestry. The real problem here is that blink dogs are lawful good.

Here are three creatures that can be found alongside drow:

Yochlol, MM pages 54 and 65
Native to the Demonweb Pits and known as the Handmaidens of Lolth, yochlols are one-eyed tree-like oozes that can shapechange into female drow and giant spiders.
Draegloth, VGtM p141
Draegloths are born from drow high priestesses in a dangerous ritual. They look like drow, except ogre-sized, four-armed, and bestial.
Retriever, MToF p222
Built by drow, a retriever is a mechanical spider powered by the trapped essence of a demon.

Chrizzt
2019-10-24, 01:59 PM
Also: Rothe, the cows of the underdark. And herded by drows as well.

MarkVIIIMarc
2019-10-24, 03:04 PM
I think the Quaggoth fluff in whichever book has them intertwined with the Drow. I imagined the Quaggoths getting driven out by the Elves and now taken advantage of by the Drow.

HappyDaze
2019-10-24, 03:34 PM
Also: Rothe, the cows of the underdark. And herded by drows as well.

You could even have an adventure where the drow rothe herders are up in arms because Zuggtmoy cultists want to replace rothe meat with fungus-based substitutes in drow taverns.

togapika
2019-10-24, 06:33 PM
Eberron had drow who were scorpion focused, you could make some of them like that...

djreynolds
2019-10-25, 02:25 AM
Riding Lizard or giant lizard

".... are used as mounts and pack animals by drow, duergar, and others."

Vessyra
2019-10-25, 04:10 AM
Quaggoths, spiders and demons are all crow-related minions. In addition, slaves can also be forced to fight. Typically, these slaves are goblinoids, though weaker houses may have kobolds and stronger houses may have minotaurs.
Constructs, such as retrievers and spider-shaped stone golems are also sometimes found.