PDA

View Full Version : Does Flame Blade work with Flames of Plegethos?

LentilNinja
2019-10-25, 06:46 AM
As title. Trying to make a fire-focused gish, found the Flame Blade spell and was wondering if I can apply the reroll from Flames of Plegethos with each attack?

Sirithhyando
2019-10-25, 06:55 AM
I could be wrong but i think it's only for when you cast the spell, not on subsequent turn.
So, it would trigger the flames wreathe on you since the spell does deal fire damage but since it doesn't right away, you don't have any fire damage to reroll.

Crgaston
2019-10-25, 07:18 AM
The Wreath would only be the first round, but I think the reroll portion would apply. It's debatable, but certainly not OP.

JackPhoenix
2019-10-25, 07:56 AM
When you roll fire damage for a spell you cast, you can reroll any roll of 1 on the fire damage dice, but you must use the new roll, even if it is another 1.

It should work any time you roll fire damage, not only when you cast the spell.

Whenever you cast a spell that deals fire damage, you can cause flames to wreathe you until the end of your next turn. The flames don't harm you or your possessions, and they shed bright light out to 30 feet and dim light for an additional 30 feet. While the flames are present, any creature within 5 feet of you that hits you with a melee attack takes 1d4 fire damage.

This only work when you cast the spell.