PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Starfinder Skittermander character Advice (LV3)

Nosta
2019-10-25, 11:01 AM
So I just found about about skittermanders in Starfinder and I like the little buggers. and I want to Build a character using said race.

How ever I am unsure of class. (Sadly Magic is frowned on in this setting so i prefer not to be magical.

and as for as i know my one friend is doing mechanic

so I was thinking Envoy , solider or Operative but not sure what one would get the most benefit from being a skittermander.

I want some good combat abilities both range and melee but would like some skills as well. So maybe operative ?

Psyren
2019-10-25, 11:43 AM
For a past free RPG day, Paizo released a one-shot adventure called Skittershot (https://paizo.com/products/btpya1aa/discuss&page=2?Starfinder-Skitter-Shot) - you can download the PDF for free at the link. It has a number of pregen skittermanders each with personality quirks and brief backstories that should help you with roleplaying this character.

As far as what class you should be, their stats are perfect for an Envoy so that would be my main recommendation if your group doesn't already have one. Envoys also get a few special abilities they can use their actions on without needing magic. They'd also make decent dex-based Solarians or Operatives.

Second, if your GM allows it, there is a playtest going on (https://paizo.com/starfinderplaytest) for three new base classes that will be included in the upcoming Character Operations Manual. You can download that PDF for free too; for non-caster options, both the Biohacker and Vanguard are decent choices for a Skittermander.

Lastly, don't feel like you can't be a Mechanic just because your friend is playing one - between class packages and archetypes, you can make two members of the same class feel very different in play. For example, your friend can be a mechanic that uses a drone, while yours uses an exocortex instead, and aim at different skills/weapons.

Nosta
2019-10-25, 12:52 PM
@ Psyren

I was actually just looking at Bio-hacker

Could i get advice on Gear and Feats for one? I'm going with Wis as My Main Stat and thinking of going GENETICS

I am thinking of taking AQUATIC ADAPTATION But not sure if i should What are some good Biohacker theorem for a party buffer / Doctor

I plan to play this guy as Disney Stich as played by rocket raccoon with a bit of futurma's bender thrown in

Chain smoking , Drinking - swearing Fur ball