PDA

View Full Version : Oath of Vengeance Paladin Feat options?

Mwhawk2
2019-10-25, 11:09 AM
So I知 playing a Scourge Assimar Vengeance paladin (with a great sword) in a CoS campaign and we just reached level 4. My current ability scores are:

STR: 18
DEX: 11
CONS: 15
WIS: 14
INT: 13
CHA: 17

So now I知 torn between grabbing a feat or an ASI. If I go feat, I知 leaning towards PAM, Sentinel or Great Weapon Master. Any advice on which might work best? I am intrigued about switching to a polearm, but Ive got ZERO experience rolling a polearm character. Anyone have experience with similar builds and might be willing to give a bit of advice on what feat might be best?

Wildarm
2019-10-25, 01:05 PM
So I知 playing a Scourge Assimar Vengeance paladin (with a great sword) in a CoS campaign and we just reached level 4. My current ability scores are:

STR: 18
DEX: 11
CONS: 15
WIS: 14
INT: 13
CHA: 17

So now I知 torn between grabbing a feat or an ASI. If I go feat, I知 leaning towards PAM, Sentinel or Great Weapon Master. Any advice on which might work best? I am intrigued about switching to a polearm, but Ive got ZERO experience rolling a polearm character. Anyone have experience with similar builds and might be willing to give a bit of advice on what feat might be best?

For ASI +1Con/+1Cha would be my suggestion. Will improve your HP, saves(moreso at level 6), spell DC and add a spell know.

For a feat, consider Inspiring Leader. Sentinel or PAM as also a valid choice. PAM gives you a reaction attack and a bonus action attack(more smites!). Sentinel is pretty much required for anyone who wants the tank role in 5e.

For CoS, I'd probably take the +1Con/+1Cha and then inspiring leader at level 8.

djreynolds
2019-10-26, 01:49 AM
For ASI +1Con/+1Cha would be my suggestion. Will improve your HP, saves(moreso at level 6), spell DC and add a spell know.

For a feat, consider Inspiring Leader. Sentinel or PAM as also a valid choice. PAM gives you a reaction attack and a bonus action attack(more smites!). Sentinel is pretty much required for anyone who wants the tank role in 5e.

For CoS, I'd probably take the +1Con/+1Cha and then inspiring leader at level 8.

It really depends on your DM.

Can you go to any town and pay and wait to "silver" a weapon?

Because if you cannot, you might be spamming magic weapon at the cost of defense. No bless or shield of faith.

Are you going to find a magic glaive?

Resilient con is great, so isn't war caster... but your party also needs your 6th level Aura of Protection... is a +3 bonus enough to saves?

GWM is great, but IMO, not trying to spoil the game for you... won't matter when you're facing enemies with higher ACs

I gonna second Wildarm's suggestion, +1 con/+1chr. At 6th level you con saves will be +7... good enough for concentration checks

And inspiring leader at 8th with an 18chr will net your party +12HP every short rest