View Full Version : The Adventures of Neffer (IC)

Magic_Hat
2019-10-25, 04:49 PM
Neffer arrives in the city of Leaf Port. Leaf Port is the third largest port city in the nation of Tra'ving. The city is mostly made up of humans, elves, and halflings though there is a two percent gnome population. As of late there have been some manner of monster attacks in the surrounding areas. A bounty of 500 gp is offered for the captured of this creature. However the mayor of Leaf Port increased the reward to 1,500 gp as the youngest prince of Tra'ving will be visiting the city of Leaf Port in a week and the mayor really wants the monster caught before then.

Neffer finds herself in the Blue Leaf tavern. It's one of the few pubs in the city that allow animals inside and as such is a hotspot for druids, rangers, and wizards and sorcerers with familiars.

What do you do?

Auranghzeb
2019-10-28, 06:35 AM
Neffer still felt uncomfortable in large cities, walking around with her animals didn't make things easier.

Tall and strong she moved with confidence. She rented an individual room at the inn, preferably with a window, and she let her dogs outside. She bought a goat's calf for them to chew on. Pandora always ate more.

Her eagle remained with her in the dining room, perched on her chair and eating mice from a leather bag.

The company here was good.

Neffer held a parchment she had ripped from a wall, a reward to capture a creature.

When the waiter came close she asked:

Excuse me, where can I find out about this job?

Magic_Hat
2019-10-28, 03:25 PM
When the waiter came close she asked:

Excuse me, where can I find out about this job?

"All I know is the attacks have been happening a few miles north of town," the waiter says.

Auranghzeb
2019-10-28, 04:27 PM
Neffer considered the waiter's answer for a few moments, letting the grease of the meat drip on her hands. She then licked her fingers and slapped the table.

By Kord, this is the kind of job I had in mind when I came here.

I might need a tracker though... She thought to herself while scanning the inn for a suitable companion.

Magic_Hat
2019-10-28, 06:44 PM
Neffer considered the waiter's answer for a few moments, letting the grease of the meat drip on her hands. She then licked her fingers and slapped the table.

By Kord, this is the kind of job I had in mind when I came here.

I might need a tracker though... She thought to herself while scanning the inn for a suitable companion.

You spot an elf with a bow, long sword, and studded leather armor.*

*Just a sidenote, I would have required a search check, but I'd allow you to role multiple search checks in this situation until you eventually found this person. I just thought I'd mention this in case I'm doing something wrong. My first time DM after all.

Auranghzeb
2019-10-29, 05:46 AM
Neffer looked at the elf. Trying to gauge his strenght or ability.

She wasn't a big fan of the pointy eared fellows. She would rather go adventuring with a nice looking human ranger, but there were no women who caught her eye.

She gulped down her ale and walked straight to the elf, with the parchment in hand.

She towered him, and extended the parchment towards him.

Would you be interested in helping me out with this task? I need a good tracker. I'm willing to pay you 10 gp per day and a third of the reward

Magic_Hat
2019-11-03, 04:25 PM
Would you be interested in helping me out with this task? I need a good tracker. I'm willing to pay you 10 gp per day and a third of the reward

"That sounds reasonable. We can head out tomorrow."