PDA

View Full Version : TV Reality TV Shows

Bartmanhomer
2019-10-25, 09:35 PM
There a lot of Reality TV Show that I really can't comprehend. There's are some reality show that I use to watch such as Flavor Of Love Season 1. It's a good show right after Season 2 it went downhill that they bring New York. Also there these other reality shows such as MTV 16 And Pregnant and Teen Mom. I was like what kind of show is this? LOL! All the other shows such as the Bachelor and Bachelorette are a complete drama fest. Is there any good reality TV show that is decent at least? :confused:

MarkVIIIMarc
2019-10-25, 09:38 PM
Naked and Afraid has my attention right now.
Battlebots is pretty neat.
I have enjoyed Hell's Kitchen and Bar Rescue in a Jerry Springer kind of embarassing way.

Bartmanhomer
2019-10-25, 09:42 PM
I have enjoyed Hell's Kitchen and Bar Rescue in a Jerry Springer kind of embarassing way.

I have heard of Battlebots. I use to watch it about more than a decade ago.

Rodin
2019-10-25, 09:52 PM
Does Battlebots count as Reality TV? Seems more like a game show or sports competition to me.

Bartmanhomer
2019-10-25, 09:55 PM
Does Battlebots count as Reality TV? Seems more like a game show or sports competition to me.

Well, it's not a cartoon but it's more like a game show rather than a reality TV show.

ellenate
2019-10-25, 10:34 PM
There a lot of Reality TV Show that I really can't comprehend. There's are some reality show that I use to watch such as Flavor Of Love Season 1. It's a good show right after Season 2 it went downhill that they bring New York. Also there these other reality shows such as MTV 16 And Pregnant and Teen Mom. I was like what kind of show is this? LOL! All the other shows such as the Bachelor and Bachelorette are a complete drama fest. Is there any good reality TV show that is decent at least? :confused:

social media killed reality tv...

the only thing that's remotely good left are the competition shows.

hell kitchen is alright... just really repetitive once you have a few seasons under your belt.

Peelee
2019-10-25, 10:50 PM
I'm. Apparently a sucker for Canadian TV. Canada's Worst Driver and Canada's Worst Handyman were both surprisingly good, despite the host being a massive tool.

Jayngfet
2019-10-25, 11:07 PM
I was the editor on a failed reality show once. It was one of the worst experiences of my life.

Peelee
2019-10-25, 11:48 PM
I was the editor on a failed reality show once. It was one of the worst experiences of my life.

I can imagine, since I'm pretty sure editing is like 95% of those shows.

DataNinja
2019-10-26, 12:27 AM
I'm. Apparently a sucker for Canadian TV. Canada's Worst Driver and Canada's Worst Handyman were both surprisingly good, despite the host being a massive tool.

Wouldn't being a massive tool be a boon for the host of a Handyman show? :smallbiggrin:

Bartmanhomer
2019-10-26, 04:14 PM

What was the name of the reality show you weree in as editor?

Peelee
2019-10-26, 04:16 PM
What was the name of the reality show you weree in as editor?

"The Pilot Wasn't Picked Up." It was like a reality show version of Wings, except in this version Brian doesn't go into business with Joe.

Blue text is ovverrated.

Magic_Hat
2019-10-26, 04:24 PM

Forgive me if I am completely wrong, but is that the show where two people have to survive like a month in the woods with no supplies?...and also nude?

Isn't that more a game show?

GentlemanVoodoo
2019-10-26, 07:29 PM
Partly a reality show is Dirty Jobs. I enjoyed it because at least it was about real job professions instead of scripted nonsense.

Bartmanhomer
2019-10-26, 07:38 PM
"The Pilot Wasn't Picked Up." It was like a reality show version of Wings, except in this version Brian doesn't go into business with Joe.

Blue text is ovverrated.

Oh wow. :eek:

The Glyphstone
2019-10-26, 07:38 PM
I'm fond of 'Buying/Selling Stuff' shows like Pawn Stars and American Pickers. I couldn't care less about whatever 'plot' is being run, but I enjoy learning the little trivia tidbits about the random old stuff they 'find' for sale.

Magic_Hat
2019-10-27, 04:09 PM
I think there was a show hosted by Stan Lee where people auditioned to be comic book superheroes. I was bad but gimmicky enough I watch one of the seasons.

Rodin
2019-10-27, 06:26 PM
I think there was a show hosted by Stan Lee where people auditioned to be comic book superheroes. I was bad but gimmicky enough I watch one of the seasons.

Wow, I actually remember that show. Or rather, the commercials for it. It was called Who Wants to Be a Superhero?

I think I tried to watch an episode of it, and it was so cheesy and bad that I turned it off after only 5-10 minutes or so. I kinda want to look it up now though, just because I had no clue who Stan Lee was at the time and the idea of him hosting a reality TV show is kind of bonkers.

Magic_Hat
2019-10-27, 06:41 PM
Wow, I actually remember that show. Or rather, the commercials for it. It was called Who Wants to Be a Superhero?

I think I tried to watch an episode of it, and it was so cheesy and bad that I turned it off after only 5-10 minutes or so. I kinda want to look it up now though, just because I had no clue who Stan Lee was at the time and the idea of him hosting a reality TV show is kind of bonkers.

It was bad and cheesy, but nowhere near as bad as the worse thing Stan Lee has appeared in (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoga_Hosers).
And shame on you for thinking the link was to an MCU movie.

Peelee
2019-10-27, 07:31 PM
It was bad and cheesy, but nowhere near as bad as the worse thing Stan Lee has appeared in (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoga_Hosers).
And shame on you for thinking the link was to an MCU movie.

Oh, I figured you wouldn't be so cruel as to make me look at an MCU movie.:smalltongue:

Magic_Hat
2019-10-27, 07:35 PM
Oh, I figured you wouldn't be so cruel as to make me look at an MCU movie.:smalltongue:

Oh believe me, I found something far worse!:smalleek:
I never want to hear or read the words "yoga" or "hosers" ever again.:smalleek: Just typing them makes me queasy.

JoshL
2019-10-28, 12:48 PM
I liked that movie. It was weird, and just got weirder.

Tangential, and back on topic, I did watch Kevin Smith's Comic Book Men show for a while. I liked the characters and conversations, and it was awesome seeing all the strange and rare memorabilia. However, watching the haggling over prices, both buying and selling made me stop watching. I've worked retail where that is part of the job, and I was not fond of it.

That, and BBC quiz show Never Mind the Buzzcocks are the closest I get to reality tv, and the latter is more that than game show. There are points and winners, but they are arbitrary and completely irrelevant.

Narkis
2019-10-28, 01:57 PM
The only one I watch deliberately is Man vs Food. I'm both intrigued and intimidated by the food challenges on the show. I'd like to travel to the US one day and visit some of those places.

Magic_Hat
2019-10-28, 03:09 PM
I liked that movie. It was weird, and just got weirder.

There's a lot of stuff I wish I could complain about on this forum, but it would violate the rules, and I don't want to get banned. I'll simply say this:

Did you know the film is supposed to take place in Canada? I know! Hard to believe! I mean it's not like they hit you every 20 seconds with a visual image, or someone mentions they're in Canada, or a horrible Canadian accent, or a stereotypical Canadian trait, or the fact the shop most of the film takes place in is called "Eh 2 Zed.":smallannoyed: