PDA

View Full Version : What all can be tacked on to a booming blade attack?

CheddarChampion
2019-10-26, 03:51 PM
So sneak attack and shadow blade are both popular/well known damage bonuses to add to booming blade. But what are some lesser used options?

Off the top of my head, battlemaster maneuvers, (improved) divine smite, divine strike, potent cantrip, smite spells (especially thunderous smite).

What else would combo well with a BB attack?

Edit: war magic and the like works too.

nickl_2000
2019-10-26, 04:28 PM
Hex
Hunters mark
Arcane weapon
Ranger damage bonuses

Dork_Forge
2019-10-26, 04:35 PM
Sneak Attack, Dueling, Lifedrinker, Song of Victory, Elemental Weapon, Arcane Weapon, Bard Blade Flourishes, Kensei Deft Strike, Eldritch Smite, Oath Breaker Aura, Colossus Slayer, Hexblade's Curse, Hex, Hunter's Mark, Slayer's Prey. I'm probably missing some but that should be most of it.

Lunali
2019-10-26, 04:57 PM
Potent cantrip doesn't work since it's an attack roll, not a save. A lot of the other things mentioned work with it, but don't combo well since booming blade takes your whole action.

Things that combo well with it are anything that only add to a single attack per turn or that make attacks more accurate.

Evaar
2019-10-26, 05:44 PM
Potent Cantrip doesn’t affect it, but Potent Spellcasting from some Cleric domains does.

Arcturus
2019-10-26, 09:02 PM
Sneak Attack, Dueling, Lifedrinker, Song of Victory, Elemental Weapon, Arcane Weapon, Bard Blade Flourishes, Kensei Deft Strike, Eldritch Smite, Oath Breaker Aura, Colossus Slayer, Hexblade's Curse, Hex, Hunter's Mark, Slayer's Prey. I'm probably missing some but that should be most of it.

Sadly as written blade bard flourishes don’t work because they require you to take the Attack action.

8wGremlin
2019-10-26, 09:26 PM
Potent cantrip doesn't work since it's an attack roll, not a save. A lot of the other things mentioned work with it, but don't combo well since booming blade takes your whole action.

Things that combo well with it are anything that only add to a single attack per turn or that make attacks more accurate.

Arcana Clerics:POTENT SPELLCASTING will. Starting at 8th level, you add your Wisdom modifier to the damage you deal with any cleric cantrip. (note that you get two Wizard cantrips and make them Cleric cantrips)

dragoeniex
2019-10-26, 11:56 PM
Psychic Blades, Hexblade's Curse.