PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Quick release armor?

kaitox
2019-10-27, 12:59 AM
So, a while back I wanted to run this gimmick character that has the ability to call weapons he needed at the moment he needed them. So he would have a rack of a dozen weapons back home and call the one he needs in any given situation.

During my time researching how to do that well, I came across a post that discussed doing that for armor. In that post it talked about not only calling armor, but also an feature you can add to your armor that allows you to just, with literally the press of a button, make it all fall off you at once. I believe it cost something like 500gp, and it's description mentioned something about gnomes.

I am pretty sure it was from a valid D&D 3.5e source. But just can't find it, or the post that mentioned it. ANy thoughts? Any help?

Kelb_Panthera
2019-10-27, 01:19 AM
Top of my head, it's either races of stone or arms and equipment. I'm almost certain it's RoS though.

Edit: I was so close. It's quick escape in A&EG. +300gp, drop the armor as a standard action. RoS does have quick donning straps so you can put the armor on faster.

Fizban
2019-10-27, 01:49 AM
Thurkasian Breastplate from Ghostwalk can be donned hastily in 1 round. Then you add quick-release to take it off in one round. You have a non-magical suit of breastplate where all the plates are tied together so you can drape it over yourself in six seconds, and then you pull the ripcord which makes it all fall apart (ironically, making more sense than quick-release on any other armor). Make no mistake, non-magical quick release and single action donning of armor is completely ridiculous, but the stuff has been written.

kaitox
2019-10-28, 09:43 PM
Top of my head, it's either races of stone or arms and equipment. I'm almost certain it's RoS though.

Edit: I was so close. It's quick escape in A&EG. +300gp, drop the armor as a standard action. RoS does have quick donning straps so you can put the armor on faster.

Thank ye greatly.

Vaern
2019-10-29, 04:47 AM
IIRC, called armor says it appears on the ground at your feet if you're already wearing armor. If this is the case then one might argue that called armor would fall off if you were to call the particular suit of armor you were wearing... I may be mistaken, though, as I don't have the book in front of me and can't check the exact wording.