PDA

View Full Version : Need help with the Perfect Butler/Roadie

FoxWolFrostFire
2019-10-27, 08:55 AM
Okay. So i've always wanted to make the perfect like over all support character. A lurch, Eddie Riggs, Alfred. Type support. The parties go to minute man for every small detail for little reward out side of the fact he knows he is what made it a well oiled machine.

Somethings I do know. I want him to be a Bugbear, raised by nobles as kind of a pet. Bought on a whim as rich folk tend todo. Outside of that. Up in the air.

I've been thinking Bard/Rogue class would work, but I'm not sure. My lean was 3 into master mind rogue, then the rest in lore bard for ALL the skills. What do you all think? What else could I do to make the best Eddie Riggs type?

BloodSnake'sCha
2019-10-27, 08:59 AM
How about more skills with knowledge cleric deep?

FoxWolFrostFire
2019-10-27, 09:02 AM
How about more skills with knowledge cleric deep?

Hey...You know what. Clerics can be about Philosophy right? Best Roadie/Butler I can rig a philosophy out of that!

BloodSnake'sCha
2019-10-27, 09:28 AM
Hey...You know what. Clerics can be about Philosophy right? Best Roadie/Butler I can rig a philosophy out of that!

I don't see it as a thing in 5e(just read the cleric in D&D beyond), I do remember it being a thing in older editions.

It is dependent on the world or in different worlds is a "ask the DM" thing.

Dork_Forge
2019-10-27, 11:00 AM
Okay. So i've always wanted to make the perfect like over all support character. A lurch, Eddie Riggs, Alfred. Type support. The parties go to minute man for every small detail for little reward out side of the fact he knows he is what made it a well oiled machine.

Somethings I do know. I want him to be a Bugbear, raised by nobles as kind of a pet. Bought on a whim as rich folk tend todo. Outside of that. Up in the air.

I've been thinking Bard/Rogue class would work, but I'm not sure. My lean was 3 into master mind rogue, then the rest in lore bard for ALL the skills. What do you all think? What else could I do to make the best Eddie Riggs type?

Bard/Rogue for the skill monkey aspect seems a good way to go, some things you might want to consider taking to round out your utility as a butler: Healer (Alfred patched Batman up many a time and this feat provides a lot of scalable healing), Keen Mind (this isn't great stat wise but nice roleplay,you remember everything for the party and can act as a clock/compass), Find Familiar (either through a one level dip or Magic Initiate (would pair well with Unseen Servant, Prestidigitation and Mage Hand)).

Istriel
2019-10-27, 12:15 PM
Maybe not so much a roadie, but a wizard with absolutely no directly useful combat spells would make a great butler. Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Message, Mending, Light, Tenser’s Disc, Unseen Servant, Locate Object, Arcane Lock, Knock, Magnificent Mansion at higher levels. A non combat wizard can make a great butler/office worker lol

KorvinStarmast
2019-10-28, 10:49 AM
I don't see it as a thing in 5e(just read the cleric in D&D beyond), I do remember it being a thing in older editions. It's in the DMG, pages 10-13. Forces and Philosophies.