PDA

View Full Version : Song Lyric ideas for Vicious Mockery / Cutting Words?

MarkVIIIMarc
2019-10-27, 03:25 PM
Cheezy laughs are always fun. I can find some inspirational lyrics for things a Bard might say. Cutting Words or Vicious Mockery I use several times a night though and I'd like to mix some lyrics in with my witty remarks for Vicious Mockery or Cutting Words.

I got's nothing so far though except using maybe a line from a Carly Simon song on a noble.

Yunru
2019-10-27, 04:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVVZaZ8yO6o

dragoeniex
2019-10-27, 08:42 PM
Rhyming put-downs and distractions are what you're after here, correct? Shakespeare could be worth pulling from if you want some archaic zingers from a bard classic.

Weird Al works if going the opposite, modern direction and has a lot to harvest from. Including a song titled "You're Pitiful."

Just try to keep things to a couplet or stanza at most. Turns are brief, and you want the other players to enjoy your impromptu performances rather than dread them. If you do this quite a lot, the majority need to be concise.

If wanting general suggestions, ah...

"One word encompasses your whole- your worth, your wit, your might. Which word, my friend, I am unsure- but we can rule out 'bright.'"

"These shadowed hallways suit you well; you must have lived here long. Their gloom, I hope, will follow you when you are dead and gone."

"I hate to mock your archery, but you've left me with no choice; the only quiver you wield with skill is carried in your voice."