PDA

View Full Version : The Hell Knight

Fear_Zod
2007-10-17, 06:53 PM
The Hell Knight.

http://www.jaestudio.com/DarkKnight.jpg

Entry Requirements:

Base attack Bonus: +4
Skills: Craft (Armour smithing) 6 ranks, Knowledge (The Planes) 8 ranks, Ride 6 ranks
Special ability: to Turn/Rebuke undead.
Special ability: to cast 1st. level divine spells.

Hit Dice: D10

Class Skills: (2+ int Modifier per level) Craft (armour smithing), Craft (weapon smithing), handle Animal, Intimidate, Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty), Knowledge (The Planes), Ride.

HELL KNIGHT
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+0|
+2|
+0|
+0| Hell craft armour, Unbound summoning, Paladin conversion, Rebuke Devil |

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+0| Hell march, Summon Steed of Baator |+1 level of existing spellcasting class

3rd|
+2|
+3|
+1|
+1| Master of the banner of baator |+1 level of existing spellcasting class

4th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+1| Improved hell craft armour |+1 level of existing spellcasting class

5th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+1| Fill the ranks |+1 level of existing spellcasting class

6th|
+4|
+5|
+2|
+2| Hell craft weapon |+1 level of existing spellcasting class

7th|
+5|
+5|
+2|
+2| Improved hell craft armour |+1 level of existing spellcasting class

8th|
+6|
+6|
+2|
+2| Exoskeleton of Baator |+1 level of existing spellcasting class

9th|
+6|
+6|
+3|
+3| Slay mortal |+1 level of existing spellcasting class

10th|
+7|
+7|
+3|
+3| Improved hell craft armour |+1 level of existing spellcasting class [/table]

Weapons and armour proficiencies: all simple and martial weapons and with all types of armour and shields (including tower shields)

Hell craft armour: (Ex) at 1st level A hell knight with at least Craft (Armoursmithing) 6 ranks learns to craft the distinctive hell craft armour of the hell knights. You can produce a suit of medium or heavy armour that would normal composed mostly of metal. The hell craft armour has the same cost and time to create as a normal suit of armour of its type. It is possible to spend additional time and money to produce armour spikes and masterwork hell craft armour (Which may further be enhanced by magic). Only a character with this ability can effectively wear hell craft armour.
The armour grants a +4 bonus to intimidate checks made when wearing it. In addition the armour grants damage reduction +1/Silver if medium and +2/Silver if heavy. Furthermore hell craft armour is not metallic and so is not affected by spells targeting metal such as chill metal or special attacks such as a rust monster touch attack.

Unbound Summoning: You may summon creatures normally forbidden to you by your alignment: you can summon any fiendish creature or Devil with your summoning spells and planar ally spells without restriction from your alignment or risking your alignment changing.

Paladin conversion: If you where a paladin or Ex-paladin before becoming a hell knight, you can never again gain levels in the paladin class as your association with the devils forever taints you. How ever you retain (or regain) certain paladin abilities, including divine grace, lay on hands, aura of courage, divine health and spell casting. You can no longer detect evil or smite evil. You lose the service of your special mount (see Hell mount).

Rebuke Devil: (Su) from 1st level you can the ability to rebuke and command Devils and fiendish creatures as per cleric rebuke/ commands undead. Your effective cleric level for this is your Cleric level + Hell Knight Level for prepuce of rebuking devils. You can rebuke devil a number of times per day equal to 3+ your charisma Modifier.

Spell casting: beginning at 2nd level you gain an increase to spells per day, and caster level (and spells know if applicable) as if you had gained a level in the divine spell casting class to which you belonged before adding this prestige class. You do not how ever gain any other benefits a character of that class would have gained. If you had more than 1 divine class before becoming a hell knight you must decided which class gets the extra level of casting each time you gain a level in the hell knight class.
If you’re only divine spell casting prior to becoming a hell knight was from the paladin class, you continue to progress your paladin spell casting as normal. In addition you add the following your spells to your spell list, as if they appeared on the paladin list:

1st level: summon 1, 2nd level: summon, 3rd level: summon 3 and 4th level summon: 4 (Devils and fiendish creatures only)

Hell march: (Su) At 2nd level you gain the ability to assume control of devils and fiendish creatures from a willing caster as a standard action. You must be within 60foot of both the target caster and the devil or fiendish creature in question to assume control. The maximum number you can command in this way is equal to 4 times your hell knight level. You may not control any single devil or fiendish creature with more than your class level; for example a 2nd level hell knight can control 8 hit dice of creatures, none of which can have more than 2 hit dice.

Summon Steed of Baator: (Sp) At 2nd level you gain the service of a steed of baator, a heavy warhorse with the fiendish template (or a war pony with the fiendish template for small hell knights). You may call this steed in the same fashion a paladin calls his special mount, and the steed gains the special abilities as a paladin of his same effective level.

A hell knights mount can’t be turned or dismissed when its rider is riding it.

Master of the banner of Baator: (Su) All Devils and fiendish creatures under the control of the hell knight gain a bonus on saves vs. spells equal to the hell knights charisma modifier (minimum +1) as long as they are within 60 feet of the hell knight.

Improved hell craft armour: (Ex) At 4th, 7th and 10th levels, the damage reduction granted by your Hell craft armour increase by 1, moreover you gain the following benefits described below:

At 4th level your hell craft armour grants you immunity to stunning attacks and non lethal damage.

At 7th level your hell craft armour grants you 50% chance to negating any of the extra damage from critical hits and sneak attack. In addition your hell craft armour helps you fight without penalty when disabled and dieing.

At 10th level your hell craft armour grants you immunity to the extra damage from critical hits and sneak attacks.

Fill the ranks: (Sp) At 5th level once per day summon 2 lemures, bone devils or beard devils OR 1 Erinyes, horned devil or ice devil.

Hell craft weapon: (Ex) At 6th level if you have 6 ranks in craft (weaponsmithing), you can craft a weapon with pieces of rock from Baator worked into the design. The hell craft weapon has the same armour has the same cost and time to create as a normal suit of armour of its type. It is possible to spend additional time and money to produce a masterwork hell craft weapon (Which may further be enhanced by magic). In the hands of a bone knight of 6th level or higher, a hell craft weapon deals an extra 1d6 points of damage against living non outsiders. A hell craft ranged weapon bestows this ability to its ammunition.

Exoskeleton of Baator: (Ex) At 8th level your hell craft armour fuses shut, and your body crumbles to dust and the armour can not be removed with out killing you. However you can immunity to poisons, sleep effects, paralysis disease, death effects, fatigue, and exhaustion, ability damage to your physical scores, ability drain, energy drain and death from massive damage.

Slay mortal: (Su) At 9th level, once per day, you can use a hell forged weapon (see above) to strike down a living non outsider foe. You must decide you are using this ability before the attack roll is made. If the attack succeeds the target must make a fortitude save (DC = 10 +your hell knight level + charisma modifier) or die. This is a necromantic death effect.

I will also most likely be making the following changes to the class:

fill the ranks ability, its to powerful for a level 10 character. I'm thinking of switching it to, 1d4 Bearded devil or 1 Barbed devil.

Changing the limit of the max HD of any single Devil or fiendish creature. After having a think Im thinking your hell knight level x1.5 (rounding down)

The Neoclassic
2007-10-17, 07:37 PM
The divine spellcasting requirement is unnecessary since you have the turn/rebuke requirement.

Oh, I'm assuming you want this PEACH'd. If not, ignore this, I suppose.

I'm not exactly sure why you want clerics to take it, actually. I mean, if they pick up this class, they do not progress in spells, which is almost a must for prestiges that have spellcasting requirements.

Does hell-crafted armor only work for the maker? If others can wear it, a pricing chart should be made (though I'd assume it'd be very hard to find). If it's not metal, druids can wear it without penalty, which is quite useful for them.

This class looks best suited for high-level characters rather than mid-level ones; I'd consider upping the pre-reqs to minimum 10th or 15th character level and powering up the abilities a bit to match.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2007-10-17, 08:21 PM
Two things. First, use tables (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10313). it makes it much more easy to read.

Second, This class seems to work mostly with Demons and Devils, and yet, a Paladin can get in. I would put in a req. clause about alignment.

Original idea with the armour though. Good job.

Fear_Zod
2007-10-18, 03:51 AM
The divine spellcasting requirement is unnecessary since you have the turn/rebuke requirement.

Oh, I'm assuming you want this PEACH'd. If not, ignore this, I suppose.

I'm not exactly sure why you want clerics to take it, actually. I mean, if they pick up this class, they do not progress in spells, which is almost a must for prestiges that have spellcasting requirements.

Does hell-crafted armor only work for the maker? If others can wear it, a pricing chart should be made (though I'd assume it'd be very hard to find). If it's not metal, druids can wear it without penalty, which is quite useful for them.

This class looks best suited for high-level characters rather than mid-level ones; I'd consider upping the pre-reqs to minimum 10th or 15th character level and powering up the abilities a bit to match.

1. It does progress spell casting at ever level bar first.

2. Only someone with the class feature can wear Hell craft armour

3. personally I don't like PrC's with that high entire, as most games dont last until level 20, therefore I was trying to make it more useful for Mid level play.

4. and the divine spells pre req is necessary otherwise a dread necro could get in, or an other arcane caster with a dip in sacred excosist

5. On the case of Alignment, yes paladins can get in, This is due to the fact that will be using Evil to fight evil.

I'll add a table later, now I have to go to work grumble grumble

The Glyphstone
2007-10-18, 05:42 AM
1. It
5. On the case of Alignment, yes paladins can get in, This is due to the fact that will be using Evil to fight evil.

But doesn't that go against everything a true paladin stands for? The whole 'point' of paladinness, so to speak, is that they are Lawful Good. They never stoop to aiding evil, associating with it, or using its methods. Even without the clause that would make them fall for associating with evil, the classic paladin would never be willing to cooperate with fiends, even towards the end goal of killing other fiends - he's too pure.

This does, of course, ignore the existence of the utterly abominable Greyguard PrC.

Tor the Fallen
2007-10-18, 05:54 AM
What's a bone knight? And you're copypastefoo needs work. :smallwink:

Fear_Zod
2007-10-18, 04:45 PM
What's a bone knight? And you're copypastefoo needs work. :smallwink:

Bone Knight is a Prestige class from eberron 5 nations, that basically a necromantic paladin from Karnath, that summons undead, and has similar abilities to undead, with out changing your alignment a lawful good paladin can get into the class, and doesn't break his code, but does lose some abilities (like the hell Knight does)

Dullyanna
2007-10-18, 06:31 PM
Maybe I somehow missed it, but I don't think you listed hp and skillpoint gains per level.

Fear_Zod
2007-10-18, 07:15 PM
No i didnt list HP or skill points per level, this is cos erm...its a secret and the first person to figure it out will get a price, YEAH! thats it not because I forgot at all no sir.....

......great I think everybody bought it .