PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Pimp this seer

Marvo
2019-10-28, 04:24 PM
Hello playground, first I would want to apologize if there are any gramatical mistakes, not a native speaker. I have a opportunity to particapate in a party which takes place in a multiplane and galactic empire highly riped from Dune and warhammer 40 - but in a god way, as far as I can tell from preliminary talk with DM. We play 3.5 with aces to all of official, dragon compendium is ok, but dragon magazine or Hyperconciuos are out. The party consist of beguiler: something akin Benne Jazerith (player knows what he is doing) , player who didn't decide who he wants to play, wu jen going for jade phoenix mage and player who will be revealed later for ''story reasons''.
Things I thing could lead to problems of gentleman agreamant we had : ledership, recharge, linked sincronicity, metamorphosis, buckets of poison (but i think a vial could pass ;) , forced dream shenanigens and psychic reformation but I am sure you could think of few more. Also nerf that of only one astral construct is in play. Also we have npc level wealth and there is no such thing as high level telepaths wiling to put things in your mind and if there were you definitly woud not want them to.
I have thought long and hard about what powers i want to have, and you beter make a good argument why that power should be removed. The rest are free and I can't help to see that a build is ofensivly lacking.
i thougt about str 11, int 13, wis 5, con 10, cha 8, dex 9 for a hearthy lunatic. What is considered mentat school in dune is more a 40k scholl for psychic warriors, which are all unfortunatly MMMMAAAADDDDD. Mad I tell you
feats are more open, i took tashalathora becase if I read this correct will give me ability to gestalt with monk, without any monk levels which I consider hilarius and willing deformity is there because it givis imunity at level 1 and I don't trust that Bane Jazeriet Witch at the slightest.

1. crystal shard, vigor, call to mind, inertial armor
2. object reading, sensitivity to psychic impressions, share pain
3. time hop, dispel psionics, touchsight
4. remote viewing, divination, major creation
5. plane shift
6. disintegrate
7. greather teleport, overland flight
8. hypercognition, mind blank
9. metafaculty

1. bardic lore ACF
1. willing deformity
H. wiling deformity madnes
3. psicristal afinity
5. ekstend power
6. psicristal containment
9. split ray
10. ek schism
12. monastic training
15. tashalathora

skills maxed
concentration
gather information
spot
listen
rest in knowledges and psicraft, with collector of stories skill trick

Maat Mons
2019-10-29, 07:46 PM
That's not the greatest ability score array. Did you roll bad? Or did the DM give you a really low point buy? Or what?

You might want to run your interpretation of Tashalatora past your DM. Lot's of other people interpret it the same way you do. But some DMs may consider it a breach of RAI.

I'm not sure that Tashalatora is a very good fit for your character. You've got low strength, low dexterity, and a poor base attack bonus. Are you planning to buff yourself heavily? You could use Metamorphosis or Control Body to get around your low physical ability scores. And you could use a Necklace of Natural Attacks with the Skillful property to get around your base attack bonus.

If you don't trust your fellow players, you're wise to pick up Deformity (Madness) at 1st level. Necrotic Cyst can put you in thrall to them before any ordinary defense can come online.

Since your version of Bardic Knoweldge isn't tied to class level, you might be interested in prestige classes. Unfortunately, there aren't many psionic PrCs that don't lose a manifester level. So you also might not be interested.

If you do go for a PrC, the first 8 levels of Crystal Master can be pretty good. It can give you such things as +2 Int while psionically focused, continuous Touchsight, +4 to all saves while psionically focused, immunity to poison, and immunity to disease.

But, you know, you'd lose a manifester level. so you've got to weigh that in.

I'm sorry I can't be more help. I'm not the greatest optimizer, and psionics is by no means my forte.

Ramza00
2019-10-29, 08:11 PM
No Precognition? It is +2 to everything, an attack roll, a damage roll, a saving throw, or a skill check. It is an insight bonus so it pretty much stacks with everything. It lasts 10 mins per level so at ML 6 for 1 pp you have a floating +2 that lasts 1 hour before things that may extend duration.

Every skill check, every saving throw, for a sweet sexy 1 pp.

Maat Mons
2019-10-30, 04:24 PM
To harp a little more on your ability scores, if you're rolling as per the Player's Handbook, you meet both criteria for rerolling (and you only need to meet one).

Marvo
2019-10-31, 05:18 AM
Unfortunatly no rerols for stats. We use average point buy (and wiling deformity madness takes 4 from your wis).

Tashalathora is not real good for this character and I will change it. Problem is what to do offensivly. We don't play with metamorphosis so maybe ek: astral construct plus telektineticly trusting some minor/major created flasks of acid?? or psicristal telekineticly grapling with solicit psicristal. I know much more about psion utility powers than being combat relevant.

If i go psion 6 // anarhic initiate 4 // slayer 10 maybe I could do some poor man version of chrono legionare. Power attack plus control body - but I will be low on free feats

Precognition is decent way to spend 1 powerpoint, this is first time I actualy looked at this power.

Some other powers I think are worth including: ancipatory strike, temporall acelelaration, fate of one and moment of preciense