PDA

View Full Version : Socadinlock distribution

Trandir
2019-10-29, 09:06 AM
How would you distribute the levels to play a paladin warlock sorcerer?

I'd go with paladin 1, warlock (hexblade) 1, paladin (I don't know what oath) +5, sorcerer (draconic) 13

BloodSnake'sCha
2019-10-29, 09:19 AM
Why draconic?

The oath is important, you may want to get to 7(stuff like ancient paly).

I do:
Paly 1
Hex 1
Paly 6
Sorcerer 3
Sorcerer 10
Bard 3 for fun(take battlecry as your favourite instrument and shut beautifully into combat)
Or ending with 4 more sorcerer.

I use most of the time vengeance for the paly and shadow/Divine soul for the sorcerer, I can't see the reason to take draconic(unless it is part of the character).

Trandir
2019-10-29, 09:23 AM
Why draconic?

The oath is important, you may want to get to 7(stuff like ancient paly).

I never played either a pladin or a sorcerer. So I can't decide what oath pick and the draconic one is just for the extra hit point. Probably there are better combinations out there.

BloodSnake'sCha
2019-10-29, 09:36 AM
I never played either a pladin or a sorcerer. So I can't decide what oath pick and the draconic one is just for the extra hit point. Probably there are better combinations out there.

Look at what the paladin oath gives you from level 1-7 and choose what you want the most.

I like the vengeance one as it help you get advantage and because I am most of the time doing the damage in my group.
So it is not worth getting to level 7 with vengeance as he doesn't get a good level 7 feature.

Ancient gives you a resistance to spell damage aura at 7 which is great. So this one you will probably want to get to level 7 with.

The shadow sorcerer gives you darkvision and the ability to see in your own darkness (similar to devil sight), a save to stay on 1 hp instead of 0 ones per long rest and the ability to summon very strong dog that gives your enemies a save vs prone and disadvantage vs your spell DC.

The divine soul gives you a 2d4 for a save or a hit when you fail ones per short rest and cleric spells (spiritual guidance paladin)

Bobthewizard
2019-10-29, 10:34 AM
I think you are on the right path. I agree with taking hexblade at level 2, back to paladin, then finishing with sorcerer. I'd choose divine soul. Spirit guardians is amazing on a paladin.

Here are a couple resources that might help.

Sorcadin guide. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?502673-Unlimited-Blade-Works-The-Guide-to-the-Ultimate-Paladin-Sorcerer-Multiclass

Treantmonk's Spellsword. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSFevTby6gM
This doesn't include any hexblade but your build would trade the level 8 ASI for SAD CHA attacks which seems like a good trade to me, letting you leave STR at 15.

Trandir
2019-10-30, 05:50 AM
Is it even worth taking that level of hexblade?
And when is the best time ti do so? Earlyer delaying the paladin stuff or after to get earlier multiattack and aura?

Chugger
2019-10-30, 06:28 AM
If you have not rolled good stats or doing point buy, the 1 lvl in hexblade cures your mad-ness. A pal w/ low cha is pathetic! The only other way to fix this is to roll very well or to count on getting a belt of giant strength.

Re oath - are you dong Avernus? You might want Devotion - they can turn. Do you wanna be a party-protector? Ancients to lvl 7 for resistance to all spell damage aura. Probably go 8 for asi. The darker oaths are good for tanking and just fighting. Crown has champ challenge - looks interesting.

Draconic is fine for the +1 hp and the resistance to ___. But you can always take absorb elements.

Divine is quite good, esp if you understand cleric spells and have an idea which ones to take. The plus to ST once per short rest is good.

Yes, pal 1 hex 1 pal 5 then sorc x is a great way to go. If you want the lvl 7 feature of a pal, go pal 8 for asi. Think about what you want as a sorc. If you want sorc 13 go with an oath that doesn't have a great lvl 7 feature.