PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Which meta magic for sorcadin

TrueWoschtel
2019-10-30, 02:46 PM
We play the Baldur’s gate campaign. Currently we are at lvl 2 and the group contains of a barbarian/fighter, life cleric, bard, divination wizard, rouge and myself hill giant soul sorcerer/paladin.
I plan to go up-to lvl 13. 2 lvl paladin for smite and medium armor and shield. 11 lvl hill giant sorcerer for shillelaghs and extra hp.
I started with sorcerer for the con save and vhuman for war caster.
Point buy:
Str 13, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 9, Cha 16
Spells I am looking for mostly supportive or debuffs:
0: Booming blade, Green flame blade, Mind sliver, Frostbite
1: Absorb elements, shield
2: Hold person, web, mirror image
3: Hypnotic pattern, haste,
4: Storm sphere, confusion, greater invincibility
5: Hold Monster, Synaptic static
At lvl 4 I really miss banishment and polymorph but we will see I have some levels to decide.
For meta magic I want twin, quickened and careful spell but not sure in which order.
Twin seems important and careful works great with the aoe debuffs but quickened is also very powerful but expensive.
What are your suggestions?

Expected
2019-10-30, 07:15 PM
We play the Baldur’s gate campaign. Currently we are at lvl 2 and the group contains of a barbarian/fighter, life cleric, bard, divination wizard, rouge and myself hill giant soul sorcerer/paladin.
I plan to go up-to lvl 13. 2 lvl paladin for smite and medium armor and shield. 11 lvl hill giant sorcerer for shillelaghs and extra hp.
I started with sorcerer for the con save and vhuman for war caster.
Point buy:
Str 13, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 9, Cha 16
Spells I am looking for mostly supportive or debuffs:
0: Booming blade, Green flame blade, Mind sliver, Frostbite
1: Absorb elements, shield
2: Hold person, web, mirror image
3: Hypnotic pattern, haste,
4: Storm sphere, confusion, greater invincibility
5: Hold Monster, Synaptic static
At lvl 4 I really miss banishment and polymorph but we will see I have some levels to decide.
For meta magic I want twin, quickened and careful spell but not sure in which order.
Twin seems important and careful works great with the aoe debuffs but quickened is also very powerful but expensive.
What are your suggestions?

The spells you've chosen synergize nicely with Careful Spell (Web and Hypnotic Pattern). Twin is useful for Booming Blade, as it only costs 1 SP, and for buffs (twinning Greater Invisibility for you and a Rogue shouldn't be underestimated). Quickened is useful for quickening BB. Personally, I like Subtle Spell moreso than Careful Spell because I like the RP applications to it and the fact that I can Subtle Counterspell or Subtle cast something that cannot be Counterspelled.