PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Idea, Yes. Help me. (Dumb Build stuff)

Zeedus
2019-10-30, 03:01 PM
Probably not the right place to post this, so if a mod wants to throw it somewhere (Even the trash) go for it.

I am looking to create a character whom would best represent Skeith from the .hack games, we have access to Warforged and Genasi, and a few other homebrew content, such as Mystic (Psionics from 3.5e) I'm looking for general concepts and ideas, not an entire build. But how to build from the ground up. Pics of the beast will be below, let's have fun with this. Please don't meme me. It's point buy.

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/011/352/030/large/dylan-walsh-presentation-skeith-turnaroundv3.jpg?1529132221

Evaar
2019-10-30, 06:07 PM
What are some of the core effects you're looking for from this character? What does it have to have in order to feel like a proper representation of the character you're trying to represent?

8wGremlin
2019-10-30, 07:28 PM
So I googled the character, never heard of them before, and found this:
https://dothack.fandom.com/wiki/Skeith typical anime villain, but we can work with the info the page gives us.

The attacks and abilities are as follows:
Data Drain: Skeith pins a target up against its wand and Data Drains the target. This inflicts all status ailments upon the target and halves his or her HP.
Judgement: An inescapable water element attack. Skeith freezes all targets in massive columns of ice, Dealing about 35% of their HP in Damage.
Earthquake: Skeith stabs his wand into the ground and heavily damages all targets in range.
Cross Swing: A simple strike from Skeith's wand that damages the target severely. He'll use it up to two times in a row. There are two versions of this attack—one acts like a normal attack and can be easily avoided; the other freezes a target in place as Skeith performs an inescapable strike.
Dek Do: Decreases the speed of a single target.
Repth: Recovers 150 HP.
Suvi Lei: Paralyses a single target.
Mumyn Lei: Puts a single target to sleep.

Skeith's wand appears to be a staff of some kind.

so in D&D terms this would roughly equate to

Data Drain: not sure about this one (status affects are different in each game), bestow curse?
Judgement: Cone of cold
Earthquake: Earth Tremor (at low level) Earthquake (at high level)
Cross Swing: 2 attacks/rnd
Dek Do: Ray of Frost
Repth: Cure wounds
Suvi Lei: Hold Person
Mumyn Lei: Sleep

So quick think, this looks like a Warforged (based on look) Cleric of War 2 / Wizard 18 multiclass

What this gives you: heavy, medium and light armour proficiency, giving you good AC for a warforged.
Cleric of War, extra bonus action attack (wis mod times a long rest)
1st level cleric spells: Cure wounds, etc.
Wizard: gives you the extra spells, looks like it's cold and earth based type spells as a theme.
I was thinking War mage, but then I thought Divination as the inescapable could mean using the portend on the enemies saving through.

Anyway - there ya go, 5 mins of thought.