commoners in weaponry, choosing squires, and ordaining
new priests. Over time, Armasse has grown to encompass
jousting competitions, mock duels, battle reenactments,
and other festival events. In Kenabres, the festival (which
takes place on 16 Arodus) is eagerly anticipated, for it
provides distractions from the horrors of being on the
front line of the war. Smiles on faces normally marred
by downcast eyes and furrowed brows do wonders for city
morale in the weeks leading up to the event.
Armasse is a citywide celebration, but the majority
of the event, including its jousting matches and other
entertainments, takes place at Clydwell Plaza, just west
of the cathedral.

The day is finally here and the sun is high in the sky, Clydwell Plaza is packed to bursting, but you lucky six have an excellent view of the stage upon which Lord Hulrun will officially begin the celebrations in just a few minutes time.

In4Dimensions
2019-10-30, 08:42 PM
Arkine gazed up at the magnificent stage upon which Lord Hulrun would soon be standing. She’d been to Armasse several times in the past, of course, but seeing all the smiling faces was always a pleasant sight, compared to the usual downtrodden looks of the citizens. She and her sister had managed to get a relatively good view of the stage, to which she offered a short prayer to Desna for. Later in the day, she planned to part in the mock duels; she learned a good deal of her fighting skills training with knights and crusaders during Armasse in years past, and she feels the need to pay back her community. Besides, combat helps distract her from her worries, and with her flashy fighting style and unique weapon, she has been a fan favorite for several years.

She turns towards her sister, a mischievous glint in her eye. “Hey Gisa, wanna fight me in a mock battle later? I bet the crowds would just lap it up,” she says with a laugh and a smile.

Bansheexero
2019-10-30, 10:38 PM
As Shyndra wanders through the festival, she feels considerable anxiety. Her gaze sweeps through the crowds, looking for one of her cousins or other relatives. She would feel much more comfortable if she could find one to anchor to, as they help her with her shyness.

Still, she realizes moving may not be the most effective means to locate them, so she looks for some place to wait and distract herself until she spots one of her kin. She searches amongst the various booths and solicitors, trying to find either some lore on demons and any other creatures near the Worldwound. Either that or perhaps she can find some distraction if she spots an archery booth.

OnceUponAnAxe
2019-10-31, 07:19 AM
Jonas was winding his way through the crowd. He traveled in a big group of fellow squires, they were a motley crew of different races, sexes, and different orders. The folk of Kenebres treated the small group like favorite sons, conquering heroes and local starlets. Many people handed out free trinkets and small bits of food to the young squires. The young men and women were all caught up in the adventures they were about to begin,speaking and laughing with the gusto of youthful naïveté.

Jonas beamed his bright smile all about. Taking in the sights and sounds of the day. He swore he would never forget today. The lot of them were to be knighted and sworn to the Queen’s service. It was a good day, a glorious day. Catching sight of cousin Shyndra he hollared a greeting towards her. His voice was lost in the faire like atmosphere, so he whooped at her again and again. Using the old trusty family signal. He harumphed, separated himself from the throng of young warriors and began weaving through the crowd to speak with his cousin. Being that the preparations for knighthood were many and some were secret; he hadn’t seen any of his siblings for nearly a tenday,. It would’ve been grand to have a friendly familiar ear to twist.

”Ho there Hunter, having a grand time this Armasse? he spoke as he closed the distance and clamped arms with his cousin. A warriors greeting, the Hunter clan equivalent to a warm hug.

Deadguy
2019-10-31, 07:44 AM
Gisela rolled her eyes at her sister's teasing. It was good to see her in old form. At least Arkine had worked up the courage to go out into such a large crowd again. Gisela had been prepared for one of her panic attacks. To say that she was pleased was an understatement.

"Arkie, I think you're confused. The boys don't want to see some poor under-developed girl in the arena against you, wielding what amounts to a toothpick... they just want to see you. And that whip-sword. You could be fighting a tree with that thing and they'd still stare until you managed to cut it down."

She tapped the plain handle of the only weapon she carried. The simply cold iron dagger was nothing for the showing, but it was sharp and did it's job well enough when needed.

Between them, Arkine had always been the attractive one. Attractive despite her penchant for showing no skin, especially compared to the other girls hoping to attract a man. Maybe it was the mystery of lie beneath that drew the boys to her. Gisela shook that theory away. If that were the case, she would be beating them off with a stick herself. Keeping her birthmark covered was always troublesome when it came to fashion. High collars were not on trend, but then neither were witches.

In4Dimensions
2019-10-31, 10:18 AM
Arkine smiled as she stretched her arms out, fingers locked together and palms facing outwards. “Ah, I suppose you’re right. In a duel of magic, though, I wouldn’t stand a chance.”

Between the two of them, Gisela had always been the gifted one. Arkine was by no means an idiot, but learning had never been as natural or as easy for her as it was for her sister. This, combined with her studious personality, made Gisela a brilliant mage. Arkine often wondered if the strange tattoo on her sister’s neck and shoulder had anything to do with her magical aptitude, though she had no evidence to prove it either way.

She tapped her sister’s hand lightly. “After Hulrun’s speech, do you want to get some food? I think I can feel my stomach rumbling.”

Deadguy
2019-10-31, 10:32 AM
Gisela frowned slightly. Her sister always did this. Always too caught up in the moment to pay attention to the most basic needs. She gave a resigned sigh.

"Stop skipping meals... But yes, we can get food when the speech is over. Of course the lines for the vendors will be terrible, and who knows how long the speech will actually last."

She reached out and poked Arkine in the side playfully.

"You may very well waste away if he's feeling especially verbose."

Patting her bag, she smirked and shook her head without worry.

"But what kind of sister would I be if I didn't make sure to pack at least a few snacks, just in case."

Bansheexero
2019-10-31, 11:27 AM
Shyndra smiled in relief as she clasped arms with her cousin, addressing him by his nickname. "Jon-jon, good to see you. You know how uncomfortable crowds make me, glad to find someone I know. Have you seen any other of our other family members? Hard to see much through this congested area."

She feels much less anxious after finding someone she knew. Now that she was more comfortable, she turned to the stage to listen to the speaker.

Da'Shain
2019-10-31, 12:19 PM
Not for the first time, Kanthus regretted letting herself get swept along as the crowd formed in anticipation. She hadn't come to hear some old man speak, and anyway didn't need to be pushed shoulder-to-shoulder with all these strangers to do it; she could've heard him just fine from the edges of the plaza. The constant noise certainly didn't help her mood. A simple pin dropping could wake her, depending on how fickle the winds felt that day; the excited chatter of the masses threatened to give her a splitting headache.

Grimacing, she flipped the hood of her cloak up over her head for at least some modicum of relief from the noise, even as she began making a mental checklist for where to go after this crowd broke up some. She supposed she should find some sort of crusaders' headquarters and ask after records, though with a sinking heart she realized she might have arrived at precisely the wrong time for anyone to truly be on duty at such a place. It seemed like she would have some time to kill. I might have to actually ... have fun, she chuckled to herself, resolving to take in the ceremony with slightly less cynical eyes.

OnceUponAnAxe
2019-10-31, 07:44 PM
”I haven’t seen Any of them since I returned from my trials. They will probably be somewhere in the plaza soon. The knighting ceremonies are later today, and Marsalla never misses a chance to cross lances. Eudokia would love to see you. My last letter from her said she had mastered a new circle of magic and has been bursting to show us some new tricks.” He turned his gaze towards the central dais and took it all in...just a few more hours now. He was sure Da and Ma would close up closer to high sun. They would miss the ceremony. He thumbed the enameled clasp holding his light cloak in place. It was a gift from the family, the Hunter clans emblem. A rampant blue griffin on a bronze hexagon.

“You seen anyone at all? My Ma and Da are should be easy enough to find. Two one legged half elves sorta stand out...and you know Da will be sportin his full dress uniform.” He scanned the crowd and moved to get a better position. Gesturing for Shyndra to follow him forward. He pauses when he gets what he feels is the best view.

Bansheexero
2019-11-01, 12:08 AM
Shyndra follows her cousin, keeping close. "I have not noticed any of them through the crowd, but I find this all overwhelming, so many people causing all this din. Indeed, my aunt and uncle maybe normally stand out, but the congestion tends to blur everything."

Janwin
2019-11-01, 09:56 AM
Thruffgar has been wandering without a particular destination since early in the morning, well supplied with drink from his family's Inn. It was always interesting to see the crowds that would arrive for Armasse, and the past few years he's had to tend to the bar instead of being able to enjoy it himself. This year, however, he made it clear that he wanted to see Armasse for himself, so he passed it off to his parents as an advertising opportunity.

As he moves from pack to pack, there's often a "fer the best Dwarven ale, check out th' Drunken Dwarf", a "na a better place to celebrate your victory than th' Drunken Dwarf", or a "oi, ye seem like a tough bugger! Test it out on me pa's stout from th' Drunken Dwarf!".

Eventually, he finds himself in Clydwell Plaza standing next to a human-looking Tiefling (Kanthus) similarly taking in the crowd.

"'Lo there, lass. Quite a crowd, aye?"

Thunder999
2019-11-01, 09:33 PM
This is quite a long post, as a lot happens in a very short period of time to start things off, for some perspective, this is all happening in under a minute.

Bells toll loudly, drowning out any possible reply from Kanthus. Noon is here and Halrun Shappok, Lord of Kenabres and leader of the Inquisitors of Mendev steps out onto the raised stage, his polished armour gleaming and resplendent in the midday sun and begins the opening speech.
Before the first words have left his mouth a light shines from the the west, so blindingly bright that it's as though a second sun has risen from the wrong direction, casting huge distorted shadows across the cathedral's facade. Less than a second later, far too soon for anyone to react, a thunderous explosion ripples outward, shaking the air and earth alike. To the west a brilliant plume of red fire, lightning, and smoke erupts from the space where the fortress known as the Kite, home of Kenabres' Wardstone, should stand.
A powerful roar follows, accompanying a welcome sight rising from the crowd, Kenabres’s greatest guardian, the ancient silver dragon Terendelev, who had until that moment been attending the opening ceremony disguised as a human. Above, another form appears, as nightmarish as Terendelev is breathtaking. Humanoid in shape, yet easily three times the size of any man, skin dripping with fire and lightning, and wielding sword and whip, both also aflame. There can be no mistaking the monster's identity Khorramzadeh, the Storm King of the Worldwound, has come to Kenabres.
The fight lasts but a few harrowing moments, as the Storm King's whip cuts deeply into Terendelev’s body as he swoops down to arrest her charge. A few more blows, and the titanic duo spiral downward toward the crowd.
The sight of the dragon smashing into the facade of the Cathedral of St. Clydwell is one no witness shall ever forget, though few of those here to see it shall have long to try. At that very same moment, a titanic demon erupts out of nowhere at the far end of the plaza, reducing several buildings to ruins as it smashes into this world. The rift it tore shoots across the plaza, and opens below your feet, angling away into darkness. Though she sees death standing over her, Terendelav somehow notices your plight amid the chaos, and seizes this final chance to save a few more souls. She utters a few arcane words and stretches out a bleeding talon, you feel her magic take hold of you, slowing your plummet into the darkness as if you were feathers falling into a pit. Yet the fall remains as inexorable as before, and as you drift downward into the depths, the last thing you see is the Storm King standing before the ancient silver dragon, his sword lashing out and cleaving full through her neck. As her severed head falls, the rift above you slammed shut, and the light of the world above is gone.

It takes a few moments to recover from your fall, but apart from a thick layer of dirt and some dust filled lungs, you quickly realise that not one of you is truly harmed.
Those of you who can see in the dark (or who make some light) see that you are in a large underground cavern.
The ceiling and far walls of the vast cavern recede into darkness. On one side (the west if anyone has a compass), the wall has collapsed in an enormous mound of rubble—here and there the arms or legs of victims who didn’t survive the fall protrude. In the back of the cavern, a disturbing shape looms. Nearly the size of a horse, what appears to be an immense black spider crouches silent and still on the ground. The walls and f loor of this cavern have the rough texture of natural stone. The distant squeaks of bats echo broadly, suggesting that this underground space is large and relatively open. Grit and rock dust covers everything. Clumps of stalagmites jut from the ground

You also see three other survivors:

A human woman wearing leather armour, a shortsword and shortbow are on the floor near her, though you see no arrows, more importantly a moderate amount of rubble seems to have landed on here leg. She is yet to move or speak

An elf wearing a cloak and robes, with horrific, fresh, burns covering his face and charred holes where his eyes should be. A staff is clutched in his right hand.

And finally a second human, notably more rotund than the other, wearing fine clothes, with an expensive looking cloak and plenty of jewelry.

Once you have your wits about you, all 6 of you notice that the spider is plainly dead and rotting, though you also hear a disgusting chewing sound coming from it and can see writhing bulges within its abdomen.

The elf soon speaks up, quite defiant of his injuries "Right, this is clearly an attack on the city by the forces of the worldwound. My name is Aravashnial. I need to know who each of you are and what experience you have fighting demonic forces, or failing that just general combat experience. I shall need one of you to serve as my eyes while the rest handle this fighting"

I rolled some sense motive checks, you two passed. You quickly realise that the Aravashnial is a man used to a position of power in his normal life, and he's feeling rather insecure about his current condition. He just wants to feel like a useful, contributing member of the group. Asking him for his opinion and taking advantage of his experience is likely to go a long way to accomplishing that and making him much more agreeable.

Here and there, bodies are mixed with the rubble—citizens of Kenabres whom the dragon could not save, more interestingly and less morbidly, six silver scales lie scattered amid the stones, each about the size of a human man’s palm. Upon picking any of them up you feel a great rush of sadness tinged with resolute determination along with a sudden flash of insight: These are Terendelev's Scales, shed as she died.
The flash of insight also imparts upon you the effects of the scales, they are as follows (all are CL 19, and they're minor artifacts:

Cloudwalking: Three times per day as a standard action, this scale can be used to cast levitate. A pillar of roiling clouds rises below the levitating object or creature, growing and shrinking with the target’s altitude. This pillar is 5 feet in diameter (regardless of the target’s size) and provides concealment (20% miss chance) to any creature or object wholly contained within.

Disguise: Three times per day as a standard action, this scale can be used to cast alter self. While disguised, the target gains a +4 bonus on all Bluff checks made against evil creatures.

Resistance: Three times per day as a standard action, this scale can be used to cast resist elements—but only against electricity or cold.

Sacred Weaponry: Three times per day as a standard action, this scale can be used to cast align weapon, but only to make a weapon lawful or good. Unlike a normal align weapon spell, this effect can be cast on an unarmed strike or natural weapon.

Relief: Three times per day as a standard action, this scale can be used to cast recentering drone, you must concentrate on the spell as normal, faint silver mist encircles the targets as you do.

Aspect: Three times per day as a standard action, this scale can be used to cast lesser angelic aspect, though you take on superficial physical aspects of a silver dragon rather than an angel.

Bansheexero
2019-11-02, 04:09 AM
As she listens, Shyndra inspects the situation of the woman with rubble on her leg. First, she tries to see if she can wake the woman, to make sure she is alive. Next she attempts to move the rubble, taking care to make sure it does not cause anymore damage. She also calls over her cousin to assist her.

Perception check to make sure there is no imminent threat to removing said rubble [roll0]
*Not that it will come into play just yet, but Shyndra has Darkvision 120 ft rather than the normal 60 ft and she also has Low-light vision in situations in which she has enough light to determine color.

Wisdom check to determine severity of wounds. I am not trained in Heal, so not sure what this effort is worth, but [roll1]

Strength check to move the rubble if necessary (taking 20 during the speech), so 22
If this wakes the woman, Shyndra will try to calm her a bit, not that she is effective at this, though [roll2]

After the rubble is moved, Shyndra attempts to cast Cure Light Wounds [roll3]
If necessary touch attack roll [roll4]

OnceUponAnAxe
2019-11-02, 05:16 AM
”In not blessed with the blood of Belzken dear cousin, I cannot see in this inky soup. Are there others here with us? Make some light.” The last bit was spoken to no one in particular, just the dark. He tries to make his way towards Shyn’s voice.

Likely stumbling a bit till light fills the area. He thinks better to wait for the light before drawing his sword, but will arm himself as soon as he can. This is also when he chooses to answer the man who asked for names and abilities. ”I am Jonas Hunter, a squire of the Hand. I have crossed blades with Fire and Darkness before.”

[roll0]
He stumbles and fumbles in the dark for a moment towards his cousin.

[roll1]
He helps Shy move the rock then takes a look at the other 7 survivors.
[roll2]
He ticks off mentally anyone he recognizes and will take a moment later to speak with Shyndra about those he knows.

Jonas lacks any real medical skill, but will attempt to aid anyone that requires it.
[roll3]

In4Dimensions
2019-11-02, 04:19 PM
Arkine was about to take one of her sister’s snacks when the attack began. When she saw the demon lord, though, she froze. She couldn’t move, couldn’t think, couldn’t speak. Just the sight of the Storm King paralyzed her. She stood there, unmoving, as the cracks opened up beneath her and she fell into the darkness.

When Arkine recovered from the fall, she noticed that she was seeing her surroundings in only shades of grey. Forming a halo of light around her head, she looked around, seeing Gisela, unharmed, along with several other people, none of whom she recognized. She immediately rushed to her sister’s side, asking “Gisa! Were you hurt? Are you okay?” in a nearly-frantic tone of voice, ignoring the elf for the moment.

Cast Light on myself, and have it take the shape of a halo.

Deadguy
2019-11-02, 04:53 PM
A second light flares in response to Arkine's. Gisela stood with a grunt and dusted herself off as she inspected the cavern. Her eyes narrowed at the husk of the spider and the sounds coming from it.

"Fine, I'm fine. What in the Nine Hells just happened? How did the Storm King get passed the stone to attack?"

She stepped toward her sister and the rest of the survivors. Her attention alternated between the scales they had discovered and the spider's corpse. Finally, she turned to the now blind elf. She checked his wounds and ripped a strip of her dress to wrap the burns.

"I'm Gisa. My sister, Arkine, and I are here with you. She has skill with blade, I with the arcane."

As she was bandaging him the best she could, she motioned for Arkie to keep an eye on that spider.

Cast Light on self
Heal skill on Aravashnial [roll0]

Bansheexero
2019-11-03, 10:44 AM
Glancing over at Jonas as she tries to aid the woman. "While I respect my father, despite how many of his ilk act at times, my eyes are from my mother, not those accursed Belzken. She had the blood of Apsu in her veins. I would think my aunt, your mother, would know that."

Seeing the shed scales on the ground, she collects one and offers another to Jonas.

Thunder999
2019-11-03, 09:18 PM
Shyndra has no issues moving the rubble, in fact you're almost surprised the woman hadn't moved yet herself, you think there's something wrong with her leg, but don't really know what.
She actually seems to be awake and relatively calm, though she's keeping her mouth clamped shut. Your healing magic seems to help a bit, sealing up most of the cuts, though not completely. As she attempts to stand the reason for her silence and stillness is revealed, with an agonized cry her leg buckles under her, judging by the unnatural angle it can't be anything but a broken bone, it's unlikely she'll be moving far until she gets some help with that.
Jonas easily fixes up a splint with some wooden splinters and bits of rope from the rubble (you vaguely recognise the rope as from the barriers designed to keep the crowd back from the stage).
It was only a DC 15 so for beating it by 5 I'm giving you a little info too, she can walk with a crutch or some help, and could probably manage on her own if she was magically healed to peak condition. It will take a regenerate to fully repair the damage
With the pain lessened enough that she doesn't need to worry about screaming she introduces herself as Anevia Tirabade.
Kenabres is a large city, so you don't know much about them. You do however recognise Anevia, you've seen her volunteering in the temple of Iomedae, reading to the sick and generally helping out.

Gisela's attempts to help Aravashniel are less successful, there's really not much that can be done about his eyes, there's not much left. The bandages at least cover them up, which is probably a good thing given the level of hygiene down here.

Upon seeing the others being tended to the final of your three 'companions' speaks up "Is noone going to help me? First I fall down this blasted hole and then the fools down here with me just ignore me, lovely. Don't you recognise me, I'm Horgus Gwerm. Leave her alone she's probably just going to make groundless accusations against you anyway."

Despite his self important tone when mentioning his name, none of you recognise it.

That spider is still making some very unpleasant noises.

Deadguy
2019-11-04, 08:52 AM
Gisela grimaced slightly at her feeble attempt to treat the mage's wounds. It would have to do for the moment. Straightening up and helping the now-blind elf to his feet, she turned toward Horgus to address him directly.

"It is not that we were ignoring you. It was simply that these people have severe injuries that were plainly visible. Are you also injured? I'll do my best to help, but without the proper medical supplies, it will be limited at best."

She placed Aravashnial hand on her shoulder and began walking toward Horgus to keep him from stumbling about in the dark.

"Those capable with a blade and are not injured, please check on that spider... we need not have any more nasty surprises while we search for a way out of here."

She shined her light over Horgus from toe to shoulder, inspecting him for any injuries.

Knowledge (local) on Horgus [roll0]
Diplomacy on Horgus [roll1]
Knowledge (dungeoneering) - untrained on spider [roll2]
Perception on Horgus injuries [roll3]

Da'Shain
2019-11-04, 09:23 AM
Still in shock over finding herself the witness to so much death, Kanthus shivers on the ground for long seconds. Her cursed ears had taken in the last, cut-off exclamations of hundreds; her strange eyes had seen the light of life fade from so many around her, including from the great silver dragon as they'd fallen. Hopelessness threatens to drown her, but with a shake of her head, she denies its hold on her and begins pushing herself to her feet, picking up the drawn knife that had fallen from her hand when she landed in a heap.

Someone had spoken a moment ago, but it was all so much noise as she shakes her head again, trying to clear it. The first thing her eyes fell on was the corpse of some giant ... spider-thing, and though it seemed dead, she almost thought she could see smaller motes of life ... flickering, somehow, over the loathsome chitin. She drew another blade from her coat's many pockets, her eyes almost hypnotized by the strange interplay she could see, but using them to focus herself on the now.

Kanthus stands up and draws two daggers. She has Deathwatch at-will, so she basically always has it on, hence her seeing some strange things. She stares at the spider-thing in an attempt to figure out what it is and what's going on, and readies an action to throw a dagger at the first sign of something leaping out of that corpse.

Perception (to see whether she can spot what's wriggling around): [roll0]
untrained Knowledge: Nature (to try and figure out what this spider is): [roll1]

readied action if triggered: Thrown Dagger: attack [roll2], damage + sneak attack (if applicable) [roll3] + [roll4]

OnceUponAnAxe
2019-11-04, 09:59 AM
“Of course dear cousin, I forgot the blood of dragons flows in us all. Forgive my mistake.” He has truly forgotten. He shook his head and half smiled while apologizing. He was sincere. It was his way.

After splinting Anevia’s leg he would lean over to talk quietly with the wounded woman.”I do not currently posses the power needed to fully heal your leg. Maybe , after we sort all this out, I can convince one of the others to spare a bit more divine power to help you further. The splint and my javelin here will allow you to move about for now.” He would hand Anevia his throwing spear and headed to inspect the spider.

He took the scale, and paused as the emotions coursed through him. “She...she saved us...she knew it could only be a few...she chose all of us...”

Taking courage from Terendelev’s final thoughts, he walks toward the spider. He gives it a once over and pokes it with his sword. It certainly didn’t seem to be acting the way he expected a regular giant monstrous spider would.

[roll0] if it’s necessary to convince her that he was genuine about seeking out more healing.

[roll1]
To see if he can Suss our just what’s going on with this eight legged monster

In4Dimensions
2019-11-04, 11:24 AM
Arkine walked over towards the spider, her brow furrowing as she tried to determine what was making the odd sound. Seeing one of the others draw his sword and poke the thing, she decided a bit more preparation might be prudent, if a battle was to occur. Taking a second to offer a quiet prayer to Desna, Arkine felt her mind focus and her body strengthen as she drew her weapon and approached the dead carcass.

As this was happening, Arkine heard her sister’s voice behind her, talking to the blinded elf. After she had finished speaking, Arkine turned her head, saying to the elf, “Once we have confirmed that whatever noises are coming from the spider do not pose a threat to us, I can help heal your wounds with magic.”

Perception check on the spider: [roll0]
Use Martial Flexibility (2/3 uses now left) to gain Slashing Grace as a feat.
Cast Divine Favor, gaining a +1 luck bonus to attack and damage rolls.

Janwin
2019-11-04, 03:16 PM
Having observed the spectacle above ground largely frozen in fear, Thruffgar gradually regains his wits underground. The dark was no problem for a dwarf, but it still wasn't an entirely familiar setting since he'd spent most of his life above ground tending to a tavern.

As he observes those around him, he takes a long swig from his flask and then utters a simple "hell".

At the prompting for a name, he replies, "Thruffgar Dorrimsmar at ye service. Nothin' of import or accolade, jes' a devotee o' Cayden Cailean."

Glancing warily at the spider's oddly behaving body, he moves over to help the broken-legged woman. He could probably carry her out if he had to. "Best na t' put much weight on tha' leg, lass."

Thunder999
2019-11-04, 04:22 PM
He's a local nobleman and investor in a number of businesses, he's got a reputation from being extremely critical and getting anything out of him without solid, factual evidence that your idea is likely to work is well known to be futile.
It's a monstrous spider, a relatively ordinary, if dead, one.
His injuries consist of a few minor scrapes and bruises, largely of a superficial nature.

Your persuasive manner serves you well and he soon responds "I suppose that's fair enough, you could have at least checked on me though. I'm a good few years out of practice with my rapier and not keen on dieing, but I'll try to lend a hand if we have to fight. Get me back to my manor and I'll see you all 200 platinum pieces richer, by the looks of it you could use it."

It's a dead monstrous spider, your deathwatch confirms its fate. Whatever else is there is inside the spider, so there's really no way to tell what it is.

Luckily for you she already believed you.
There's something inside the spider, unless one of you has the ability to see through solid objects that's as much as you can really tell just by looking.

As soon Jonas gets within 10 feet of the spider two enormous maggots with greasy, pale flesh erupt forth.

Maggot1 [roll0]
Maggot2 [roll1]
Thruffgar [roll2]
Kanthus [roll3]
Jonas [roll4]
Shyndra [roll5]
Arkine [roll6]
Gisela [roll7]
Aravashnial [roll8]
Anevia [roll9]
Horgus [roll10]

Looks like Kanthus is up first.

For this fight the cave is actually fairly small. The spider is 30ft to the east of your starting position, there's about another 30ft of this cave beyond that. The cave is about 100 feet from north to south, with both you and the spider almost dead center on that axis.

Bansheexero
2019-11-04, 05:00 PM
After tending to the woman, Shyndra draws her bow, ready to fire as she studies the large spider's corpse.

Studied Target against the Spider.

Initiative (if relevant) [roll0]

Perception roll [roll1] at the spider

Perception roll [roll2] vs where the area is open beyond any rubble (Darkvision 120 ft)

Da'Shain
2019-11-04, 09:38 PM
Kanthus has never seen vermin this size before, and her brain seems to seize up at the sheer revulsion of seeing them writ large, but muscle memory keeps her from freezing entirely, sending one of her knives flying forward at the grub as it disgustingly wriggles its way out of the corpse. "Look out!" she cries to no-one as almost a reflex, having barely even registered the others' presence before this happened.

Still, if there was one thing she'd learned, when in doubt she'd act first and think later. Taking a moment to steady her aim, Kanthus lets fly with another dagger, already scrabbling in her cloak for her spares.

Not sure if you saw, Thunder999, but Kanthus had a readied action to throw her dagger at the first thing to jump out. She rolled a 15 to hit, and 5+5 sneak attack for damage.

Kanthus will take her move action to make the grub she's already attacked her Studied Target (assuming it is still alive), five foot step a bit closer, and throw her other dagger at it.

Thrown Dagger: attack [roll0], damage [roll1] + sneak attack [roll2]

Thunder999
2019-11-05, 08:10 AM
No readied actions out of initiative.

Kanthus' thrown dagger strikes one of the maggots right in the eye, and it falls still.

The surviving maggot decides that Jonas would make a better meal than the rotten spider, taking a bite out of his leg.

[roll0] for [roll1]

Janwin
2019-11-05, 09:50 AM
Seeing the maggots attacking, Thruffgar quickly draws his rapier and light shield and charges the maggot in turn, stabbing at it.

Free: Quick Draw Rapier & Shield
Full: Charge

Attack roll: [roll0] (+5 base, +2 charge)
Damage: [roll1]

If attack roll is 25-27, critical:
Confirmation: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Bansheexero
2019-11-05, 10:23 AM
Shyndra eyes the creatures. Bow at the ready, she fires an arrow at the one Thruffgar has engaged.

Longbow attack *Using the Deadly Aim option* [roll0]
Crit? (25) [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
If Crit add [roll3]

OnceUponAnAxe
2019-11-05, 11:15 AM
Roaring his disapproval, Jonas stabs down with his sword and kicks his leg up, trying to fling the little nasty away and off of his body. This would be his reaction even if the others have already slain the giant fly larva.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Thunder999
2019-11-05, 02:21 PM
The maggot just slips around Thruffgar's, with an unexpected agility.
Shyndra has more luck, landing a very solid shot with her bow, though it doesn't seem dead yet.
Jonas wild movements work against him as he simply stand the ground.

In4Dimensions
2019-11-06, 11:29 AM
Jumping slightly at the sight of the disgusting maggots, Arkine swiftly recovered. Seeing one of the bugs get cut down by her new companions, she charged at the other with her weapon drawn, seeking to cut the thing in two.

Charge at the maggot, gaining a +2 bonus to attack and a -2 penalty to AC.
Attack: [roll0]

Edit: forgot to add the bonuses from Divine Favor. 17 for attack and 13 for damage.

Thunder999
2019-11-06, 06:22 PM
Arkine's blade whips through the air cutting a great slash into the final maggot, which falls still as its guts coat the floor.

That deathwatch of yours will tell you that Aravashnial is fragile if you look in his direction.

Da'Shain
2019-11-07, 11:19 AM
Seeing the light had vacated both grotesqueries, Kanthus wastes no time in darting forward to reclaim her dagger from the corpse. After wiping the ichor off of it, instinct makes her keep at the ready as she turns to greet the others in the cave; while they'd certainly worked together against the maggots, she didn't know these people, even the dwarf who'd tried to greet her right when this whole mess had started.

"Hey," she says lamely, eyes taking in the rest of the cave, or as much as she could see in the darkness. Sweeping over her newfound fellows in adversity, she frowns as she sees light close to guttering out in one. "You need rest, or healing," she bluntly states as she points her dagger at Aravashniel, before putting it down, embarrassed as she focused on his actual features and took in the ruin of his eyes. Her eyes dart wildly over all the others. "He's on his last legs, if anyone can heal him. I'm Kanthus, by the way. Um ... hi?"

OnceUponAnAxe
2019-11-08, 06:33 AM
Jonas busies himself field dressing the trifle of a wound he had received from the creatures rasping mouth. It was bleeding a bit more than he was comfortable with. He tore a strip of cloth from his cloak and made what some would call a bandage. It would certainly do the job of keeping it cleaner, and staunching some blood flow. ”If someone has the power to heal, Mrs Tirablade could be up and going with a helping hand. I figure she needs just a bit more magic to set her bones to rights. Though if our elven friend may need the help more. As I said earlier I’m Jonas. The one with the bow is my cousin Shyndra. We are Hunters”

The last bit was spoken as if the name should mean something to the others. Full of pride and beaming just a bit.

In4Dimensions
2019-11-11, 11:48 AM
“I am Arkine Cozedros, a warrior and a mage” Arkine says, introducing herself while cleaning maggot guts off of her blade. She walks over to the injured elf and places a hand over the man’s chest. Divine energy flows from her body to his, knitting his wounds and staunching his bleeding, although Arkine cannot help restore his eyes. “I can serve as your eyes, Aravashnial. Once we’re all relatively safe, I can help heal you more.” At this, she pauses briefly. “What do you know of these tunnels? More specifically, what’s down here?”

Cure Light Wounds: [roll0]
Diplomacy (if needed): [roll1]

Thunder999
2019-11-11, 07:56 PM
Aravashnial mere states "I'd have thought that was quite obvious, now are we going to do something about the situation?"
Arkine's healing definitely helps (he's no longer on death's door) though he's far from at full strength.

Just saying he's not full health, nothing special like Anevia, unless you count the blindness.

He responds well to the request for advice, promise of healing and someone finally acquiescing to his request.
"I would assume we have fallen into the network of underground caverns, tunnels and catacombs upon which Kenabres is built, many were constructed during the first crusade as storage or sewers, and other, deeper passages lead as far down as the Darklands, specifically Nar-Voth, it is unlikely we are quite that deep, thankfully."

Anevia also speaks up "I'd be happy to serve as Aravashnial's assistant, there's little I can do in a fight with my injured leg and lack of arrows, but you seemed quite competent with that maggot."

Aravashnial also informs the party of his current spells and those from items he has. "Perhaps it would be easier to plan if we knew what resources we each had."
This is because he's been made friendly that's 2/3 NPCs already.
0th: detect magic, detect fiendish presence, acid splash and resistance (detect spells work just fine blind as far as I'm concerned btw)
1st: Mage armour, summon minor monster x2, protection from evil, obscuring mist
2nd: summon monster 2 x3, levitate, resist energy
3rd: summon monster 3 x2, magic circle against evil, heroism
potion of cure light wounds, potions of cure moderate wounds (2), scroll of dispel magic, scrolls of grease (2), scroll of web, wand of false life (20 charges)
He's also got his bonded quarterstaff.
He's too blind to use a spellbook, so he's not regaining spells until someone gets him a regenerate.

Bansheexero
2019-11-12, 12:48 AM
Shyndra considers the situation and suggests, "Unless somebody has a better plan, I suggest I might scout ahead. My eyes are twice as strong as most in the dark and I can scout without projecting light that would otherwise alert anything down here that might cause us harm. Sound like a plan?"

If the party agrees, I will take 10 on Stealth and Perception 17 for both

Deadguy
2019-11-13, 08:36 AM
Gisela moved closer to her sister once the maggots had been dispatched.

"Information is the key to success. Just be careful, with the chaos above, enemies could have also fallen into these tunnels."

She touched her hand to her chest and looked toward the group, offering her own introduction.

"I'm Gisela, by the way. This one's sister. I've some talent in the arcane as well."

Janwin
2019-11-13, 10:37 AM
Thruffgar nods at the suggestion to scout ahead. "Aye, scoutin' ahead be the prudent path."

With the foe dispatched, he sheathes his rapier again.

"Good ta meet ye all, though I be wishin' it were under better circumstances."

Bansheexero
2019-11-14, 11:25 AM
Shyndra moves ahead of the party carefully, allowing her senses to passively take in the environment as she maintains a modicum of stealth.

As mentioned before, taking 10 on Perception and Stealth, so 17 for both

OnceUponAnAxe
2019-11-14, 07:09 PM
Jonas would move forward with his cousin, separate of course, she was the better sneak and scout. He was about thirty feet or so back, his weapons ready if he needed to rush forward to support Shyndra.

Taking ten on both actions leaves me with 16s for both perception and stealth.

Thunder999
2019-11-14, 09:19 PM
There are two passages, both to leading east. Relatively straight paths (straight enough to see down at least) lead each way, it's 40ft before the northern one opens to a room and just 20 for the southern, so you can see into either.

This smaller cavern appears to have once served as a campsite or temporary lair. A torn bedroll lies next to the cold remains of a fire. A pile of bones, broken equipment, and rubble lies just past the campsite.

A stone ledge juts out at a right angle on the south wall of this cavern, fourteen feet off the ground. The leather strap of a backpack hangs from the edge of the ledge, while above, a narrow fissure yawns up into the dark. You can't reach the ledge from the ground.

Bansheexero
2019-11-15, 10:05 AM
Shyndra heads towards the southern opening, slowly and stealthily.

Thunder999
2019-11-15, 11:27 AM
She reaches the southern room with no surprises.

Bansheexero
2019-11-15, 03:02 PM
Seeing no apparent danger, Shyndra looks around to see if the room has any paths leading out of it, or possibly if there may be some method to reach the ledge. If there is no other passages that lead further into the catacombs, Shyndra considers using some of the rubble in the Northern passageway to form a makeshift step to reach the height of the aforementioned ledge, requesting help from the others if necessary. She intends to look for a simpler way out first to progress further, however.

Still rocking the take 10 on Stealth and Perception

Deadguy
2019-11-15, 03:22 PM
Once the others had cleared the southern passage as safe and mentioned the pack hanging from the ledge, Gisela held up the dragon's scale that had been given to her.

"I can use this to reach the backpack fairly easily..."

While unsure of how to activate the scale initially, it became obvious that it only required the will to be utilized. The mists soon gathered and she was lifted upon a cloud, despite being below the ground. Once she had grasped the bag, she concentrated on lowering herself back down.

Gisela handed the bag off to the others, having little interest in digging her hands through such things.

Thunder999
2019-11-15, 04:38 PM
The pack is a masterwork backpack that contains 10 days of trail rations, a flint and steel, a set of caltrops, two flasks of oil, a bundle of 12 arrows, a potion of cure light wounds, and a potion of lesser restoration

That seems to be about it for that room, your best guess is that this is one of many cracks opened by the rift up top, and some unfortunate individual dropped their pack into on of the rifts.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

There's something moving in the refuse in the first passage and you notice something shiny, it's hard to tell without proper lighting, but it looks like jewelry.

OnceUponAnAxe
2019-11-15, 04:49 PM
Jonas keeps up with Shyndra ready for trouble. He motions reassurance to the group as he and his cousin move back and forth between the two small rooms.

Bansheexero
2019-11-16, 11:12 AM
Seeing the squirming in the refuse, Shyndra draws her bow ready to fire as she motions to her cousin to inspect it, along with the amulet.

Bow is drawn for a readied action should anything threatening

Thunder999
2019-11-16, 12:33 PM
Can't ready outside of combat, though you could try to sneak up on it for a surprise round.

Bansheexero
2019-11-16, 01:28 PM
Can't ready outside of combat, though you could try to sneak up on it for a surprise round.

Ok, then that.

Shyndra motions to her cousin to look at the pile of refuse stealthily so that whatever it is is not alerted.

Maintaining my take 10 on Stealth and Perception

Janwin
2019-11-18, 10:27 AM
While waiting for the scouts to finish their business, Thruffgar comments to the others, "So, wha' d'ye think be 'appenin' up there right now? Think there'll be anythin' left when we get out?"

He pauses a moment, thinking of his family and the tavern.

"...hope they be alright."

OnceUponAnAxe
2019-11-18, 10:35 AM
Jonas’ easy smile firms into a hard lined grimace as he notes the movement in the pile of trash near the old campfire. Giant maggots again? His calf still throbbed in occasional pain as he slinked around behind Shyn. He would be ready this time. He murmured a quick prayer to The Inheritor and moved towards the squirming pile. He intended to strike the pile, sword raised to kill the vermin inside.

”Of course my little cousin would send big brave me to handle the squirmy trash.” He chilled at his whispered joke as neared the pile. He knew he was the one best suited for this bit of exploring, it’s why he had followed her after all.

Activate and deactivate Luck. +2 to most things for 3 rounds as he searches the refuse or fights with a tricky maggot/rat/ghost.

Thunder999
2019-11-19, 06:43 PM
As Jonas closes in on the pile he spots one cockroach, which doesn't seem to notice him or Shyndra, but as he prepares to strike as second bursts out, which did seem to have noticed their approach. He recognises them as giant hissing cockroaches, vermin found in much the same locals as their smaller kin and known for the unnerving hissing sound they make.

Everyone's rolled here for convenience, but only Jonas, Shydra and the cockroaches are actually in combat, though once they've acted we'll just assume you're on the ball enough to help, this fight is extra loud.

Kanthus 24
Arkine 16.04
Giant Hissing Cockroach2 16.01
Anevia 14
Shyndra 7
Thruffgar 6
Gisela 5
Jonas 4
Giant Hissing cockroach1 2
Aravashnial 1
Horgus 0

The cockroach emits a horrible hissing sound, which Jonas recalls is made by air passing through the many pores on its body, before he can really contemplate this it lunges at him. He easily ignores the hissing, but wasn't quite ready to dodge the attack and takes a solid hit.

The hissing is a sonic effect which causes those within 20ft to be shaken on a failed will save, Jonas knows this and knows that getting further away than that is the best way to shake it off, lucky he has bardic knowledge since apparently noone has ranks in knowledge nature.
Will Save [roll0]
Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Well that's Jonas staggered at 0hp

Shyndra is up next, followed by Jonas, though order doesn't really matter. Then the other roach, then it's normal initiative.

Bansheexero
2019-11-20, 05:03 AM
Shyndra knocks an arrow, taking a moment to analyze her target for any weak spots to target before letting loose and arrow.

Taking a move action to study the target.
Attack using Deadly Aim [roll]1d20+6[/roll%]
Crit? [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
If crit, deal an additional [roll2]

Also, taking a swift action to let the other characters know about what is happening.

Bansheexero
2019-11-20, 05:04 AM
Woops, attack roll [roll0]

Edit - Woops again, should be 22

OnceUponAnAxe
2019-11-20, 07:28 AM
Jonas brings his sword down on the roach that bit him. It’s mandibles we’re wedges on his boot, so a straight downward thrust seemed the most appropriate way to solve his current predicament. ”Be careful of the scream it lets out! It’s like a hearing a whole swarm of locusts at once, it will addle your mind!”

If Im disabled/staggered , this puts me unconscious and at -1 hp

Attack
[roll0]
Crit
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]
Crit Damage
[roll3]

Thunder999
2019-11-20, 12:21 PM
Shyndra's arrow finds its mark, easily penetrating the creature's armour, but it's still standing. Jonas makes a last desperate swing at the creature, landing a solid blow with his longsword, but the creature seems to be hanging in there, wounded nearly as bad as he is, with this last effort and his shouted warning he falls into unconsciousness.

The second cockroach charges through the air toward Shyndra, seeking a meal of its own.
She also shrugs off the hissing. but with the added momentum from the charge the beast's jaws sink right into her left arm.

Shyndra's save vs the noise [roll0]
[roll1] for [roll2]

Kanthus 24
Arkine 16.04
Anevia 14
Shyndra 7
Thruffgar 6
Gisela 5
Jonas 4
Aravashnial 1
Horgus 0
Arkine and Kanthus are up, Jonas is -1 and dieing, both cockroaches live.

The cockroach is fragile, but in positives, Jonas is dieing.

Da'Shain
2019-11-20, 02:20 PM
Having been caught trying to think of something to say beyond the obvious, still in shock over what they'd all seen up above, Kanthus was slow to volunteer herself for scouting, though she knew it was where her talents lay. As such, she was beginning to edge away towards the other passage when the sounds of shouting and fighting made themselves known. "They're in trouble!" she exclaims, perhaps unnecessarily, to the others, and she runs after them to take stock of the situation.

It looks bad. Seeing one of her new compatriots on the ground bleeding, she does the only thing she can and lets fly with another dagger, keeping the other up in front of her, between her and the verminous monstrosity. In the back of her mind, some calmer part of her makes insulting insinuations about Kenabres' custodians lack of cleanliness under the city.

So I'm assuming, since the northern room is at the end of a 40 foot passage and the cockroaches are likely not in a straight line from the previous room, that Kanthus cannot charge. So she moves as close as she can and lets fly with another dagger at the cockroach that's almost dead. If she is able to charge it, then she will instead do so; add +2 to her attack roll, and -2 to her AC for the round.

Thrown Dagger: [roll0], damage [roll1]
If Crit: Confirm [roll2], extra damage [roll3]

Thunder999
2019-11-20, 03:48 PM
Kanthus'dagger nicks the cockroach, which visibly staggers and is practically dripping blood, but is shockingly still mobile.

You're correct about no charge.
And yes these things get diehard as a racial bonus feat. I figure diehard has a fairly visible effect.

In4Dimensions
2019-11-21, 09:34 AM
“Jonas! Hold on!” Arkine shouts as she sees her new companion fall. She runs up to him, laying a hand on his chest and infusing it with divine energy.

Move action to reach Jonas and then a standard action to cast Cure Light Wounds (2/4 1st-level spells remaining) for [roll0].

Thunder999
2019-11-21, 12:09 PM
The healing is enough to return Jonas to fighting form, though only just.

Unfortunately for him he's lieing on the ground next to the cockroach that originally injured him.

The vermin continues it hissing noise, and while Jonas impressively maintains his focus despite the situation, Arkine is unnerved by the noise.
The creature's jaws sink deep into Jonas' prone form and he blacks out again. The roach oozes blood from its open wounds.

[roll0] to hit for [roll1] damage.
Jonas' will save [roll2]
Arkine's will save [roll3]
So Jonas is at -8 and dieing and Arkine is shaken

Kanthus 24
Arkine 16.04
Shyndra 7
Thruffgar 6
Gisela 5
Jonas 4
Aravashnial 1
Anevia
Horgus 0

Anevia delays until Aravashnial's turn so that she may guide him, she couldn't get close enough to help anyway.

It is now Shyndra's turn.

Bansheexero
2019-11-22, 06:04 PM
While Shyndra's first instinct is to heal her cousin, she realizes that eliminating the threat first would be the best course of action. Knocking another arrow, she fires, hopefully slaying the monstrous bug.

Attack using Deadly Aim against a studied target [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage is [roll2]
If crit, add [roll3] to damage

Thunder999
2019-11-22, 08:21 PM
Shyndra's arrow does hit, and lands a solid blow, but the cockroach is very much still alive.

Janwin
2019-11-25, 10:35 AM
Seeing the man repeatedly put down each time he's granted up, Thruffgar decides that the insects may leave him alone if he continues to appear downed and murmurs a quick prayer. Magical energy infuses into the man's wounds and seems to stop the bleeding on his downed ally. He then draws his rapier and steps forward to defend the man.

Cast Stabilize on him to stop him from dying
Quick Draw rapier
Move to Jonas

Deadguy
2019-11-25, 09:18 PM
Gisela was slow to react to the sudden attack of the vermin. Things had gone extremely poorly in the few moments that had passed. Seeing the second roach healthy and prepared to enter the fray, the witch targeted it with a spell.

She couldn't help but smirk at the novelty of the chosen spell being used on the bug. To be wrapped in a web was truly a terrible end for such a creature.

Standard Action: Cast Web Bolt (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/w/web-bolt/) (reflex dc 16) - Target: Roach 2

Thunder999
2019-11-25, 09:44 PM
Cockroach save, I forgot you can't roll in an edit, so double post incoming.
[roll0]

Thunder999
2019-11-25, 10:23 PM
The cockroach makes a feeble attempt to dodge the magical webbing, but is easily caught.

The cockroach continues its hissing as it attempts to break free, with a shocking display of strength it shreds the webbing like paper, and closes the gap with Shyndra.

Anevia explains to Aravashnial what is happening "They're fighting some hissing monster and don't seem to be doing well."
He immediately begins casting a summoning spell.

Horgus moves a little closer, just enough to see what's going on, after a moment he shouts out "Stop with the flesh wounds and knock them out, if this is what you call tactics you'll never see the surface again."
First the hissing.
Arkine is still just shaken, and will be until she leaves the AoE (I'm assuming it doesn't escalate)
Shyndra [roll0]
Kanthus [roll1]
Thruffgar [roll2]

Then the cockroach vs the web CMB [roll3]

Kanthus 24
Arkine 16.04
Shyndra 7
Thruffgar 6
Gisela 5
Jonas 4
Aravashnial 1
Anevia
Horgus 0

Kanthus and Arkine next

In4Dimensions
2019-12-02, 10:51 AM
“Why won’t these things just die?!” Arkine wonders as she sees the roach break out of the magical web that had been placed on it. She spun her weapon around her head once, building up momentum, then aimed a downward slash at the cockroach.

Move action: use Martial Flexibility to gain Slashing Grace.
Standard action: attack the nearest cockroach.
Attack: [roll0] (I factored in the shaken penalty)

Thunder999
2019-12-02, 11:55 AM
The swift blow slices deeply into the creature's head and the hissing finally stops as it falls dead before you, it's body broken beyond all function.

Arkine is no longer shaken. You did exactly enough damage to drop it.

Kanthus 24
Arkine 16.04
Giant Hissing Cockroach2 16.01 Dead
Shyndra 7
Thruffgar 6
Gisela 5
Jonas 4
Aravashnial 1
Anevia
Horgus 0

Kanthus next.

Thunder999
2019-12-05, 11:32 AM
Kanthus approaches the remaining cockroach and stabs it.

[roll0] for [roll1]

Kanthus 24
Arkine 16.04
Shyndra 7
Thruffgar 6
Gisela 5
Jonas 4
Aravashnial 1
Anevia
Horgus 0

Shyndra is up.

Bansheexero
2019-12-05, 07:26 PM
Analyzing the vermin, Shyndra quickly analyzes its weakpoints. Taking aim, she lets an arrow fly at the disgusting creature.

Shyndra makes the cockroach her studied target (if necessary, not sure which one died). Also if it is adjacent to me, I will take a 5 ft step away, so I do not allow an attack of opportunity.

Using Deadly Aim to attack 1d20+6
Crit? (26) [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
If crit, add [roll2]

Bansheexero
2019-12-05, 07:28 PM
Whoops, messed up my attack roll

Sorry, all my posts are via phone, so somewhat prone to typo's

[Roll0]

Thunder999
2019-12-05, 09:46 PM
The arrow scores a glancing blow, leaving a gash in the creature's flank, but the cockroach is still up. The dead one is the one who knocked Jonas out, the alive one is the one who got webbed then immediately broke out

Janwin
2019-12-09, 10:21 AM
Having stabilized his ally, Thruffgar joins the fray. He steps forward and jabs his rapier at the remaining cockroach.

Attack: [roll0]

If attack is <=23, critical confirmation: [roll2]
Additional damage: [roll3]

Thunder999
2019-12-09, 12:41 PM
That is unfortunately a miss from Thruffgar, it just glances of the creature's carapace.

Kanthus 24
Arkine 16.04
Shyndra 7
Thruffgar 6
Gisela 5
Jonas 4
Aravashnial 1
Anevia
Horgus 0

That's Gisela up next

Deadguy
2019-12-09, 01:49 PM
While Gisela had always preferred to remain outside of combat, allowing her sister to deal with physical tasks, she was quickly realizing the group was struggling with the threat of these vermin.

She screamed, channeling her frustration and arcane power into a spell similar to a banshee's wail, though far less potent.

Standard Action: Cast Ear-Piercing Scream (fort (partial) dc 16 vs daze and 1/2 damage) - Target: Roach.
Damage: [roll0]

Thunder999
2019-12-09, 05:38 PM
The cockroach easily withstands the scream, it's natural resilience working in its favour.

Jonas is unconscious and therefore doesn't do much.

Then it's cockroach time.
The beast continues its unnerving hissing, which everyone seems used to for now judging by the ease with which they shrug it off, and closes in with Shyndra, who is running out of room to keep backing away. It then lunges for her, though she easily evades the slow, lunging blow.

Saves vs sound
Shyndra
Kanthus [roll1]
Thruffgar [roll2]
Arkine [roll]1d20+ I messed that up so I'm just going to say you made it for now.

Bite [roll3] for [roll4]

Kanthus 24
Arkine 16.04
Shyndra 7
Thruffgar 6
Gisela 5
Jonas 4
Aravashnial 1
Anevia
Horgus 0

Thunder999
2019-12-09, 06:11 PM
I forgot to roll for NPCs, so double post with them.

A small earth elemental appears and you all hear Aravashnial shouting "Attack the source of that hissing!" Which is exactly what it does, and very well indeed, a single crushing blow to the the skull leaves nothing but a smear behind.

[roll0] for [roll1]

And we're out of combat.

Bansheexero
2019-12-09, 11:35 PM
Shyndra rushes over to her fallen cousin and immediately uses the last bit of her magic to try to cure him.

Cure Light Wounds for [roll0]

Deadguy
2019-12-10, 05:06 PM
With the roaches eliminated, Gisela moved to stand near Arkine. She spoke as others attended to the fallen man and the area the roaches

"I've all but exhausted my spells. I have other methods of assisting... However, to receive them, you must remain close to me and the element of stealth will be gone... completely."

She motioned for her sister's hand, channeling her ability to manipulate the strings of fate to her closest ally.

Even as the energy was released, she began a dry and humorless laugh. A mockery of the horrible situation that had befallen their home. An insult to the fortunes that had left their group alive, yet trapped beneath the rubble.

"Those that would accept, step forward."

Standard Action: Fortune hex on Arkine (reroll an ability check / attack / save / skill check once per round)
Move Action: Cackle hex (extend Fortune hex by 1 rnd for all within 30 ft)

Janwin
2019-12-11, 10:31 AM
Thruffgar volunteers, "I've also some blessings from Cayden Cailean that I might give. Two, to be precise, should anyone's wounds need tending."

Bansheexero
2019-12-11, 07:21 PM
Considering her own wounds, halfway to being unconscious, Shyndra replies, "While I am injured, I suggest you see if anyone else needs your help more."

Deadguy
2020-01-02, 02:19 PM
Having channeled her arcane energy to those who desired it, Gisela turned her attention back to her sister.

"Arkine, can you heal him? We need to get moving... hmm hmm hmm... If the vermin below are anything like those above, the smell of fresh death will attract even more... hmm... hmm."

She held a hand over her mouth daintily, stifling a laugh. With each chuckle, those that had received her hex can feel it's energy pulse and be renewed.

Move Action (continuous): Cackle hex (extend Fortune hex by 1 rnd for all within 30 ft)

Thunder999
2020-01-03, 09:40 PM
Aravashnial speaks up "I mentioned earlier that I possessed a small number of healing potions, if it is necessary for us to continue you may have this potion of cure light wounds" and he waves a small vial around in the air.

Bansheexero
2020-01-04, 07:57 PM
"I will take two, if it is not too much trouble." Receiving the potions, she tends to her cousin, only considering drinking the second if the first is sufficient to help bring Jonas to consciousness.

The first roll is for Jonas
Potion #1 [roll0]
The second roll is either for me, or for Jonas if the first is not enough to wake him up.
Potion #2 [roll1]

OnceUponAnAxe
2020-01-04, 09:38 PM
Jonas slowly pulls himself up, mutters a number of curses as he looks over his wounds and makes a gesture of thanks towards Shyn.”This is simply...I mean, I think I met some of my ancestors. By the gods...that was a close one. Guess we should finish sorting this mess out, eh?”

He would move to start rummaging through the refuse. Damned if he wasn’t going to get something out of nearly dying twice three times today. Iomedae be praised.

In4Dimensions
2020-01-06, 11:38 AM
By the time Arkine had made it over to Jonas, he was already awake. “Do you need more healing? I have spells remaining, but not many.” She turned to her sister. “I agree; we should continue on. It may be a good idea to find a defendable place to sleep and recharge, though.”

Bansheexero
2020-01-06, 07:23 PM
Shyndra looks up and says Arkine should check on the others, but could use some Healing herself if it can be spared.

Thunder999
2020-01-07, 11:50 AM
Upon searching the mess you find:
a torn bedroll, three candle stubs (each can burn for 30 minutes), a bent fishhook, 10 feet of badly frayed hemp rope, and a copper brooch depicting a bat perched on a mushroom - both of the bat’s eyes are tiny amethysts

Bansheexero
2020-01-07, 06:50 PM
Focusing on the copper brooch, Shyndra speaks an incantation as she opens her senses, allowing her to perceive magical energies.

As long as I don't physically touch it, I think I should be able to take 20 (I mean, we have time, and no noticeable mishap occurs on failed rolls) on Spellcraft (so it would be 25). However, if a roll is required, then my Spellcraft check is [roll0]

Thunder999
2020-01-08, 04:45 PM
You can't take 20 on spellcraft as it can't be attempted multiple times.
None of the items are magical, though the broach is likely fairly valuable.

OnceUponAnAxe
2020-01-09, 10:57 PM
”That’s an interesting bauble, mean anything to anyone? Looks like it could be a religious thing. Bat face and all.” He points to the broach his cousin had legged off of him. He gave it a good look and wracked his brain about what it could be.

Knowledge Religion
1d20+3
1d20+3

OnceUponAnAxe
2020-01-14, 12:08 AM
”Doesn’t look familiar to me. Interesting little broach. Hold onto it, maybe it’s owner wasn’t eaten by those big roaches and we can return it.” He turns back towards the group and readies his gear to move forward.

“Who’s potion do I taste on my lips? To whom do I owe my life?”

Bansheexero
2020-01-16, 12:56 AM
Responding to Jonas' question, Shyndra points to Aravashnial.

OnceUponAnAxe
2020-01-16, 10:30 PM
”I owe you my life, a debt I intend to repay. I am in your service til then” He bows...then remembered that the elven mage has been blinded. Blushed, then stood back up.

“Well off we go then.” He would move to the group and ready his gear to move deeper into the underground tunnels.