PDA

View Full Version : Looking for weird and fun combos for humour game

BloodSnake'sCha
2019-10-31, 06:37 AM
Hello guys :)

Do you have any weird and fun combos for non serious games?

I will give my only idea as an example:

You take a tiny beautiful creature and train it as a paladin, when it get to level 7 you build it an amulet home(a ball with a tiny bad, air holes and tubes to deliver food and water).

You now wear the amulet and enjoy your bonus to saves and the level 7 aura.

If you are nice maybe some healing and buffs to.

Make sure to try and give your paladin Stockholm syndrome.

NRSASD
2019-10-31, 08:48 AM
Not sure precisely what you're looking for, but I strongly suggest refluffing the character classes with an eye for the ridiculous.

Three characters that I've actually seen or played:
A bugbear monk who uses his combat prowess to prepare food. (He punches dough, cuts vegetables with his hands, etc.)
A human bard who is actually a drill sergeant. He doesn't inspire people with music, but by yelling at them to do the thing better. He took musical instrument proficiency in the whistle.
A goliath totem barbarian who idolizes the butterfly in all its forms. He sees butterflies as the epitome of all life, and describes his actions as attempts to emulate them. "Like the wise catepillar, I strike from above!" "As the noble Monarch once said, 'Now is the hour to spread my wings of rage!!'"

BloodSnake'sCha
2019-10-31, 09:29 AM
Not sure precisely what you're looking for, but I strongly suggest refluffing the character classes with an eye for the ridiculous.

A bugbear monk who uses his combat prowess to prepare food. (He punches dough, cuts vegetables with his hands, etc.)
A human bard who is actually a drill sergeant. He doesn't inspire people with music, but by yelling at them to do the thing better. He took musical instrument proficiency in the whistle.
A goliath totem barbarian who idolizes the butterfly in all its forms. He sees butterflies as the epitome of all life, and describes his actions as attempts to emulate them. "Like the wise catepillar, I strike from above!" "As the noble Monarch once said, 'Now is the hour to spread my wings of rage!!'"
This is great, I am looking for every kind of weird/fun/funny stuff to do in a non serious game.

It may be refluffing, a ridiculous combo, a funny backstory.
I WANT EVERYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF :)

Alhallor
2019-10-31, 09:37 AM
A human rogue that were really three halflings in a coat.

A ranger with proficiency in open locks that had a bunch of rats as his lockpicks.

A warlock that had as his old one patron a talking sock he frequently talked too (he made a talking sock with button eyes and everything it was great. The GM even took it and made a lot of NPC's recognize the sock.)

Contrast
2019-10-31, 09:53 AM

I like the idea of a referee as a bard. Dissonent Whispers to send people off :smallbiggrin:

Awaken and True Polymorph open up all sorts of possibilities for silly character backstories.

Sentient venus fly trap rogue? A barbarian seal (https://i.imgur.com/HJXm9xN.jpg)? Any sort of everyday object turned into a person.

Tavern Brawler is entertaining in making improvised weapons more viable - it's always more fun to beat enemies down with a wheelbarrow than a halberd. Bonus points if your DM lets you have a Bag of Holding full of random junk and roll on a massive table to see what you reach in and pull out for any given combat.

On that theme, a kensai with a kensai weapon of whatever the most ridicious thing your DM will let you get away with - toothpick? Juggling balls? Yo-yo?

A (probably swashbuckler) rogue with a 'gotta go fast mentality'. Maybe multiclass monk or barbarian or anything which increases speed and aim to end every turn as far on the opposite side of the person you attacked as possible.

I play a zealot barbarian who worships the Goddess of Joy because he really enjoys beating people up and is unfortunately too stupid/self-absorbed to have realised that the Goddess of Joy doesn't really appreciate his particular type of worship.

Damon_Tor
2019-10-31, 09:56 AM
Using the best melee weapon in the game... the rowboat (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?600977-The-most-powerful-melee-weapon-in-D-amp-D-5e-is-The-Rowboat).

Sirithhyando
2019-10-31, 10:21 AM
A human rogue that were really three halflings in a coat.

There's a fighter archetype here that is actually "three halfling in a trenchcoat" (https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/c6fdw4/oc_introducing_three_halflings_in_a_trenchcoat_a/)

Bobthewizard
2019-10-31, 10:29 AM
Really low INT goliath hexblade, pact of the chain with a sprite. Ignore the warlock and play all of your social encounters as the sprite, with the goliath just there for combat. Be arrogant and conceited because you are immortal. Joke about all the times you’ve been "killed". Treat the warlock as your pet. You ride around in a golden cage/carriage that the warlock carries while they wait on your every need.

BloodSnake'sCha
2019-10-31, 10:33 AM
Those are great ideas, thank you guys :)

PwrHngryTortois
2019-10-31, 10:55 AM

I suddenly want to play a goliath barbarian lol, great characters!

Warlush
2019-10-31, 11:03 AM
Really low INT goliath hexblade, pact of the chain with a sprite. Ignore the warlock and play all of your social encounters as the sprite, with the goliath just there for combat. Be arrogant and conceited because you are immortal. Joke about all the times you’ve been "killed". Treat the warlock as your pet. You ride around in a golden cage/carriage that the warlock carries while they wait on your every need.

LMFAO

I have played both a Half-Orc and Mountain Dwarf Warlocks with imps that were smarter than them, doing the same sort of shtick. It is so much fun I can basically only play chainlocks from now on.

BloodSnake'sCha
2019-10-31, 11:06 AM

LMFAO

I have played both a Half-Orc and Mountain Dwarf Warlocks with imps that were smarter than them, doing the same sort of shtick. It is so much fun I can basically only play chainlocks from now on.

This can be a second plan for a character where I rolled a 3.
An Orc hexblade with 1 int, only his familiar can talk lol.
I will even ask for a 3 if I didn't roll.

Damon_Tor
2019-10-31, 03:48 PM

I had a player make a Warforged warlock, with the understanding that the Imp familiar was the character proper and the Warforged was just an arcane "mech" it rode around in.

Trandir
2019-10-31, 04:14 PM
Using the best melee weapon in the game... the rowboat (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?600977-The-most-powerful-melee-weapon-in-D-amp-D-5e-is-The-Rowboat).

Exactly. The robot wars pro, envoy warforged with integrated tool vehicles (rowboat), monk with 3 levels in sorcerer for enlarge. Run through the enemies and never look back.

The gambler: halfling divination wizard (lv 9+) with lucky feat. You are invincible when it comes to games of luck and if you will ever be forced to fight you use animate object on your deck of carda or bag of dice and swarm the enemy with your little army.

The cultured orc: make a barbarian orc with 16+ int and proficient in history, religion, nature . He will entartain everyone with deep discussions about history, politics, legends and more and will beat his colture into your skull in any way be that by his words or by his warhammer.

(Not mine but seen somewhere) The smallest dragon: this dragon is about 1 inc long and his wings when opened are almost 2 inches wide. His hoard consists of a single gold piece and he will fight to keep it. But he will allow anyone to use it, bring him along and everything as long as he can keep his treasure.

Rivaler
2019-10-31, 04:31 PM
Had fun with a Tortle Monk / Barbarian. Named him Barbonk Akuma-Matata, shortened to BAM to his friends, which, ironically, is the only word he knows.

Conversations had me explain his intents: "Barbonk wants to explain how close he feels to the victims and that he will try his very best to ease the burden of the everyday life of the village. Therefore, he rests a gentle hand on the innkeeper and says: BAM!!"

Best moments were when I was the only one that understood an important clue, and the rest of the party had to try understand me instead.

Though I'd share for inspiration!

da newt
2019-11-01, 11:29 AM
I like to fool around with 'mask of many faces' Warlock Invocation - No one will ever know what you truly look like, race, sex, size etc. Think Marvel's Mystique. You can hide all your weapons, make them look like something ridiculous, make yourself obese or skeletal or translucent, up to 1' taller or shorter, perfect camouflage, doppelganger, super innocent little beggar girl, giant muscle ogre, little old man, barbie doll, any beastly humanoid, anything humanoid in shape ...

Lupine
2019-11-01, 03:44 PM
Not mine, but I knew a guy who played a bard who was ridiculously good at everything except things that a bard should be able to do. The character name was "George," and every time he introduced himself, he would make air-quotes with this finger, and then act like he hadn't done anything. He'd pick a lock, or something, and the party would ask, "Where did you learn to do that?"
to which he would invariably respond, "Uhh. Ummm. Not spy school. Certainly not spy school. Not that a spy school even exists. I mean, I wouldn't know if one did or didn't"
Or some other similarly obvious lie... except he was ridiculously good at deception, so his lies always worked. Fantastically good character, and the guy playing him was perfect at it

Aaron Underhand
2019-11-01, 04:04 PM
We had a moon druid who took a level of monk...

Kung Fu panda...

Goggalor
2019-11-01, 05:02 PM
Bearlock Holmes - Bugbear Inquisitive Rogue. Everyone is Bugson (Watson) to you, while the case is always afoot and all that matters (and your pipe, of course).

Kap'n Krunch - Goblin Zealot Barbarian. You have always known that you are an orc, just undersized. No matter what anyone says, you believe you will hit your growth spurt any day now while on the hunt for your boat (the character does not have a boat and has never been to a large body of water; the character's sole motivation is finding a boat because s/he is a captain! It is even your first name! (No, it isn't.)). Points for talking like pirate with this character and convincing other party members to be your crew.

Phhase
2019-11-03, 02:05 AM
If you're allowed to use UA, try my Wallhack Warlock Assassin! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?601733-Hilarious-Idea-Regarding-New-UA-Wallhack-Warlock-Assassin&p=24236780#post24236780)

BloodSnake'sCha
2019-11-03, 02:32 AM
The weirdest thing is that a lot of your guys suggestions are stuff I used in a serious game.

(Scratching head) Is there something wrong with my definition of weird?

Danielqueue1
2019-11-03, 10:24 AM
Centaur druid - that only wildshapes into horses with the criminal background. Party puts the "horse" in the stables. She turns back into a centaur and steals everything from everyone else's saddlebags then turns back into a horse before the stablehand comes back with those oats.

Centaur thief - centaurs have penalties to climbing, Thieves ignore those penalties. Climb faster than people more suited for it. Gallop accross the rooftops during a city ambush covering your allies in that dark alley.

If you are in a very silly campaign multiclass for both. (Corrupt noble throws a party. thief sneaks in the back by climbing in through a tower. Heist goes south instead of fighting his way out, locks himself in the treasure room. Loads up his saddlebags and waits. In the morning noble goes to check on his treasury and sees his prised stallion. "What happened last night?" Has his servants take the "horse" back to his stables. Druid/thief escapes.)

Danielqueue1
2019-11-03, 10:41 AM
Ancestral guardian half orc. Is possessed by his ancestors. While raging he is possesed by his orcish parent, when not he is possesed by his human parent. Extra bonuses for multiclassing into a spellcasting class for full Dr Jekyll, Mrs hyde style fun.

1 str kobold - roll a 3 for a stat. Play a kobold -2str. Your carrying capacity is now 15 lbs. A shortbow and a quiver of 20 arrows is almost a 3rd of your carrying capacity. Added challenge, don't play a monk.

BloodSnake'sCha
2019-11-03, 12:11 PM
Centaur druid - that only wildshapes into horses with the criminal background. Party puts the "horse" in the stables. She turns back into a centaur and steals everything from everyone else's saddlebags then turns back into a horse before the stablehand comes back with those oats.

Centaur thief - centaurs have penalties to climbing, Thieves ignore those penalties. Climb faster than people more suited for it. Gallop accross the rooftops during a city ambush covering your allies in that dark alley.

If you are in a very silly campaign multiclass for both. (Corrupt noble throws a party. thief sneaks in the back by climbing in through a tower. Heist goes south instead of fighting his way out, locks himself in the treasure room. Loads up his saddlebags and waits. In the morning noble goes to check on his treasury and sees his prised stallion. "What happened last night?" Has his servants take the "horse" back to his stables. Druid/thief escapes.)
WOW this is great.

Ancestral guardian half orc. Is possessed by his ancestors. While raging he is possesed by his orcish parent, when not he is possesed by his human parent. Extra bonuses for multiclassing into a spellcasting class for full Dr Jekyll, Mrs hyde style fun.

1 str kobold - roll a 3 for a stat. Play a kobold -2str. Your carrying capacity is now 15 lbs. A shortbow and a quiver of 20 arrows is almost a 3rd of your carrying capacity. Added challenge, don't play a monk.

I actually had a thread here on a 1 str kobold.

loki_ragnarock
2019-11-03, 02:48 PM
Twin.

Command.

"Kiss."

There are other ways to use the spell.

"Poop."

"Flap."

"Cartwheel."

Command is comedy gold.

BloodSnake'sCha
2019-11-04, 12:40 AM
Twin.

Command.

"Kiss."

There are other ways to use the spell.

"Poop."

"Flap."

"Cartwheel."

Command is comedy gold.

Cartwheel?

da newt
2019-11-04, 07:27 AM
'cartwheel' is a simple gymnastic maneuver like somersault.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartwheel_(gymnastics)