PDA

View Full Version : Ky Kiske build help. (Guilty Gear)

Master of None
2019-10-31, 03:59 PM
I'm gonna be playing in a game shortly with 2 other players and a DM, I'm not sure exactly what characters the others are running (some form of rogue or Bard builds for them most likely). Originally I was planning on playing my first Wizard but the more I think about it the more I want a character inspired by Ky Kiske from the Guilty Gear franchise. We're starting at level 8. The main goals I want for the character is being an effective swordsman while having the option for magic if necessary (preferably lightning based magic but I'm open to having more versatile options too.) I want him at least loosely based around Ky Kiske but options to make him more of my own character are completely fine too, I just have no idea where to begin. I know 5e way better than I do 3.5 so I'm not sure what options would be worthwhile for building this and any help I can get would be greatly appreciated. The setting is in Eberron and that's all I know of the campaign. Any official books are allowed. No Dragon Magazine. The rest is prolly approved by instance it comes up. I'm not sure what other information is needed but I'll gladly offer up any I can to help others help me. Thanks in advanced.

ben-zayb
2019-10-31, 06:12 PM
Personally, I'd rather create Faust or Axl Low

Stormlord could possibly capture the feel, but that's more throwing javelin and less swordplay.

You can refluff the entire Desert Wind discipline as lightning based and use a Swordsage. Lightning and Fire are thematically close, so abilities themselves won't feel out of place.

Master of None
2019-11-01, 08:59 AM
I like the idea of refluffing Desert Wind into lightning stuff, theres some maneuvers that work perfectly and I love the book itself a lot. Going Swordsage would work great, but how should I go about making myself the big stupid fighter while keeping the light armor. (I think the other two are going to be going glass cannon type classes) Dip into Warblade for HP? Some other dip idk about? What PrCs should I consider going into this? I'm not trying to have the most optimal build but I cant help wanting to min/max and I'm hopeless with all the options 3.5 gives you.