PDA

View Full Version : Any other formats..?

verdena46
2019-10-31, 11:22 PM
I have searched every what for a more mobile friendly version of the OotS comic on Webtoon, in the App Store, and a couple of other places. Is there any where else that the comic is being posted?

snowblizz
2019-11-01, 04:11 AM
No.

It is here on Giant's site, and ironically, specifically to drive traffic here not somewhere else.

And if you find it somewhere else then I'm 99% sure it's not suppsoed to be there.

The Aboleth
2019-11-01, 07:37 AM
I have searched every what for a more mobile friendly version of the OotS comic on Webtoon, in the App Store, and a couple of other places. Is there any where else that the comic is being posted?

Somewhere on the bottom-left of the page is a drop-down menu where you can change the "skin" of the forum; choose the OOTS Mobile one (sorry for not being more specific; my phone is giving me issues and I wasn't able to screenshot the menu in question).

EDIT: It's actually listed in the menu under "Mobile Styles" and is called "Playground Sand Mobile." If you're not seeing the menu, click on "Full Site" next to the "Log Out" button at the bottom of the page first.

Doctor West
2019-11-01, 11:43 AM
But that's a forum skin. It doesn't do anything to make the comic more mobile friendly, which is what the OP was asking. :smallsigh:

The Aboleth
2019-11-01, 12:26 PM
But that's a forum skin. It doesn't do anything to make the comic more mobile friendly, which is what the OP was asking. :smallsigh:

Ah, I misunderstood then. My apologies.

facw
2019-11-01, 03:22 PM
Only the pdf ebooks which you can buy at Gumroad (https://gumroad.com/richburlew). I don't actually know if they are any easier to read on mobile, though I'd suspect not, since the form factor is the same, though maybe your mobile ereader software is better equipped than a mobile web browser.

Jasdoif
2019-11-01, 03:27 PM
Only the pdf ebooks which you can buy at Gumroad (https://gumroad.com/richburlew). I don't actually know if they are any easier to read on mobile, though I'd suspect not, since the form factor is the same, though maybe your mobile ereader software is better equipped than a mobile web browser.If they're like the Kickstarter PDF stories, you can scroll from strip to strip instead of hitting a button each time, and don't have to mess with scaling to work around the site navigation bar on the left.

Grey Watcher
2019-11-06, 12:35 PM
If they're like the Kickstarter PDF stories, you can scroll from strip to strip instead of hitting a button each time, and don't have to mess with scaling to work around the site navigation bar on the left.

They're PDFs, so you can use a reader of your choice, but I will put in my two copper pieces that I found Gumroad's native reader app to be really finicky and difficult to use. Any time I tried to scroll the page left or right (usually to look at a panel at the edge of the page), there was a very good chance it would read it as a swipe to go to the next page, so I was constantly having to work around this. Probably works better on a full-size tablet, but at that point, the screen is big enough that the main site is probably fine as well.

Anyway, I have to agree that the closest one can get to an "optimized for mobile viewing" experience would be to buy and download the PDF versions of the books and use the PDF reader/viewer of your choice.