PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Playing Reptile from Mortal Kombat in DND

booliusdoolius
2019-11-01, 11:48 AM
Hey all, I was wondering, is it possible to play Reptile in 3.5 edition? I think he'd be a ninja, and maybe some kind of acid spit, but what would his race be? Thanks.

ChaosStar
2019-11-01, 11:53 AM
Hey all, I was wondering, is it possible to play Reptile in 3.5 edition? I think he'd be a ninja, and maybe some kind of acid spit, but what would his race be? Thanks.

Lizardman, duh.

booliusdoolius
2019-11-01, 12:10 PM
Lizardman, duh.

Lizardmen don't spit acid tho.

ViperMagnum357
2019-11-01, 12:41 PM
How about the Slig, from Dragons of Krynn. Medium Humanoid (Reptilian), claws and bite; deals 1 extra Acid damage on a bite, and can spit Acid out to 10 feet 3 times per day, for 1d6. +4 natural armor bonus, +2 bonus on Hide and Craft (Trapmaking), Darkvision, Fire Resistance 10. Looks like the version of Reptile from MK10, albeit with a stubby tail like the original concept art rather than the human ninja or giant Lizard version. There is also an air/water breathing subspecies called the Ghaggler that has webbed digits.

booliusdoolius
2019-11-01, 12:43 PM
How about the Slig, from Dragons of Krynn. Medium Humanoid (Reptilian), claws and bite; deals 1 extra Acid damage on a bite, and can spit Acid out to 10 feet 3 times per day, for 1d6. +4 natural armor bonus, +2 bonus on Hide and Craft (Trapmaking), Darkvision, Fire Resistance 10. Looks like the version of Reptile from MK10, albeit with a stubby tail like the original concept art rather than the human ninja or giant Lizard version. There is also an air/water breathing subspecies called the Ghaggler that has webbed digits.

This is in 3.5 right?

ViperMagnum357
2019-11-01, 12:52 PM
This is in 3.5 right?

Yes, but Dragonlance stuff apart from the DLCS is licensed WOTC material rather printed first party, so it falls into the same gray area as Dragon and Dungeon magazines. If you are alright with those, you should have no problem with with the licensed material books (Dragonlance, Kingdom of Kalamar, Ravenloft, Rokugan).

PhantasyPen
2019-11-01, 12:56 PM
Lizardfolk Ninja with Shape Soulmeld (Dissolving Spittle) would be my take on Reptile. The Dissolving Spittle soulmeld allows any character to spit a globule of acid as a ranged touch attack on a standard action.

EDIT: Dissolving Spittle and the Shape Soulmeld feat are in Magic of Incarnum, which is and official first-party material, yes.

MisterKaws
2019-11-01, 01:17 PM
Any lizard-y creature with levels in Totemist, really. If you want a tongue whip, you can take the Chameleon Creature template.

The Viscount
2019-11-01, 02:43 PM
If you are doing lizardfolk (which is a hard sell with total ECL of 3) the Viletooth Lizardfolk from Dragon Magic adds acid to their bite.

For larger volumes of acid you could add Dragonborn onto something like say Extaminaar, Rilkan, or Skarn.

liquidformat
2019-11-01, 03:50 PM
Blackscale lizardfolk or any race with the reptile template from SS is a better choice as the base race, heck even dragonborn from Races of the dragon are a decent choice for the base race. Ninja is a rough class to try and get to work and if nothing else you will probably want to at least dip swordsage, maybe unarmed swordsage. Another alternative would be to be a Dragonfire Adept.