PDA

View Full Version : Adventurer doll maker

stewstew5
2019-11-01, 01:08 PM
So, my party has so far been using monopoly pieces to represent our characters on-table, and I had the idea of making paper printouts + standies in their stead. To demonstrate, I want to use generators online, but all the ones I can find are the text-based ones for inspiring design, instead of directly designing one, similar to the ever popular doll maker flash "games". Does anyone know of a good, succinct one that has a wide range of use for high fantasy & D&D?

Ravens_cry
2019-11-01, 01:39 PM
So, my party has so far been using monopoly pieces to represent our characters on-table, and I had the idea of making paper printouts + standies in their stead. To demonstrate, I want to use generators online, but all the ones I can find are the text-based ones for inspiring design, instead of directly designing one, similar to the ever popular doll maker flash "games". Does anyone know of a good, succinct one that has a wide range of use for high fantasy & D&D?
Try Heromachine? It has a bit of a learning curve, especially the 3rd edition, but you can make quite a diverse set of characters with it. In fact, I'd often use it to rough out character design before I'd draw them myself.

stewstew5
2019-11-01, 03:22 PM
Try Heromachine? It has a bit of a learning curve, especially the 3rd edition, but you can make quite a diverse set of characters with it. In fact, I'd often use it to rough out character design before I'd draw them myself.

yea I checked out heromachine, and 3 is definitely confusing just to launch. My only real gripes with it are that it's a bit more super-hero-y and less high fantasy-y (albeit those have a lot of overlap so that's not a huge detriment)

Thinker
2019-11-01, 03:40 PM
I was looking for some similar resources not so long ago.

I found this, which is $1 for each set: https://papercraftdungeon.com/

It's pretty cheap if you find a set you like and then you just need to print and put on the stands.

These ones are free, but a bit less variety: http://zenseeker.net/PaperMiniatures/Fantasy.htm