PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Dual Caster Gish build

Dlabuga
2019-11-02, 10:33 AM
Hello folks!

I am working on a progression from which I will be able to cast spells of paladin, bard, sorcerer, and cleric.

I intend not to use offensive spells because my caster level is too low, so I'll focus on buff spells.

Follow my build and spells to increase my charisma which will be my main attribute.

I would like suggestions.

Thanks

Cloistered Cleric3/Sorcerer4/MysticTheurge2/PrestigePaladin2/Virtuoso1/SublimeChord1/MysticTheurge7

Divine Caster: Cleric/Paladin Spell list - 7th - Caster level 14
Arcane Caster: Sorcerer Spell list - 3rd - Caster level 7
Arcane Caster: Bard/Sorcerer/Wizard Spell list - 4th to 8th - Caster level 15

Looking for race advice or Human or Aasimar Lesser

Feats: Power Attack (1)/ Knowledge Devotion(free domain)/Divine Might (3)/ Divine Shield (6) Mounted Combat (9) Law Devotion (12) Invisible Spell* (15) / Craft Contingency spell(18)

*Invisible Spell for Arcane spellsurge trick (swift/standard)

Spells to increase AC/Saves/Dmg/BAB/STR (attack bonus+dmg)

Sirine's Grace/Nixie's Grace/Snowsong/Divine Agility/Righteous Might/Righteous Wrath of the Faithful/Divine Power/Righteous Fury/Righteous Aura/divine favor/Eyes of the oracle/etc

But how to stop dispel magic/ dispel magic greater, wall of dispel magic, chain dispel?

thx.

RatElemental
2019-11-02, 11:20 AM
If you went Illumian for race and took the krau sigil it'd help shore up your caster level. Also has access to a feat that lets you heighten certain spells for free, but that's probably no use for buffing.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2019-11-02, 12:07 PM
Illumian in Races of Destiny, Krau sigil, Improved Sigil: Krau feat, replace Cleric 3/ Sorcerer 4/ MysticTheurge 2 with (Cloistered) Cleric 2/ Sorcerer 1/ Mystic Theurge 6. Finish advancing Sublime Chord with something else, like Fochlucan Lyrist (via Ring of Evasion). That gets you +3 levels of Cleric spellcasting ability and +1 level of Sorcerer spellcasting ability, with +2 to your caster level in each class.

Dlabuga
2019-11-02, 12:42 PM
Illumian in Races of Destiny, Krau sigil, Improved Sigil: Krau feat, replace Cleric 3/ Sorcerer 4/ MysticTheurge 2 with (Cloistered) Cleric 2/ Sorcerer 1/ Mystic Theurge 6. Finish advancing Sublime Chord with something else, like Fochlucan Lyrist (via Ring of Evasion). That gets you +3 levels of Cleric spellcasting ability and +1 level of Sorcerer spellcasting ability, with +2 to your caster level in each class.

How do u get MT at level 4? Preocious Apprentic?

Elves
2019-11-02, 12:59 PM
Yeah. Choose a spell like Summon Monster II for it and that should cover 2nd level casting for both classes. Unless that isn't legal, in which case you also need the Southern Magician or Alternate Source Spell feat.

Thrice Dead Cat
2019-11-02, 01:18 PM
How do u get MT at level 4? Preocious Apprentic?

Actually, Improved Sigil (Krau) meets the spell level requirements. It acts as a free Heighten Spell for a select number of spells. Even better, you can switch which spells get the bonus whenever you gain new spell levels. Just take something like Summon Monster I as the relevant spell and a sorcerer spell known and you're good to go.

Dlabuga
2019-11-02, 02:01 PM
Actually, Improved Sigil (Krau) meets the spell level requirements. It acts as a free Heighten Spell for a select number of spells. Even better, you can switch which spells get the bonus whenever you gain new spell levels. Just take something like Summon Monster I as the relevant spell and a sorcerer spell known and you're good to go.

Nice, awesome! thx

MisterKaws
2019-11-02, 06:22 PM
You won't be gishing much with that, though. Your BAB is utter crap, though that can still be fixed by Divine Power. Your AC and HP, however, can't, and you'll be constantly at death's door if you use that build in melee.

Dlabuga
2019-11-03, 07:17 AM
You won't be gishing much with that, though. Your BAB is utter crap, though that can still be fixed by Divine Power. Your AC and HP, however, can't, and you'll be constantly at death's door if you use that build in melee.

On top of my head:

Divine shield gives CHA to AC
Sirines Grace give CHA to AC

CHA: 18 + 5 level + 5 tome + 8 spell (nixies grace) + 4 moral (snowsong) + 4 sacred (righteous aura) + 4 untype (charm domain) = 48 mod. + 19

AC: 10 + 6 GMA + 7 Shield + 6 Dex + 7 Sacred (law dev) + 18 DS + 18 SG + 5 Natural = 77 and missing some of insight and luck bonus

Hiro Quester
2019-11-03, 09:10 AM
I have not done the calculations,but the skill requirements for Sublime chord might be out of your reach.

Knowledge (arcana) 13 ranks ,
Listen 13 ranks ,
Perform 10 ranks ,
Profession (astrologer) 6 ranks ,
Spellcraft 6 ranks

Perform, Listen and Knowledge Arcana are not class skills for many of your early classes. And some don’t have many skill points to spare, and int won’t be a strong ability score for you (cha>dex> con>str>int>wis)

MisterKaws
2019-11-03, 11:13 AM
On top of my head:

Divine shield gives CHA to AC
Sirines Grace give CHA to AC

CHA: 18 + 5 level + 5 tome + 8 spell (nixies grace) + 4 moral (snowsong) + 4 sacred (righteous aura) + 4 untype (charm domain) = 48 mod. + 19

AC: 10 + 6 GMA + 7 Shield + 6 Dex + 7 Sacred (law dev) + 18 DS + 18 SG + 5 Natural = 77 and missing some of insight and luck bonus

So you plan on spending ten turns buffing? Or are you stacking infinite nightsticks to maximize chance of taking a book to the head? No, I don't see persistomancy. Seems you just plan on stacking so many buffs your first buffs run out before your buffing is even over. Basically this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apcmWimCDdI). The HP also checks out.

You have fifteen levels in d4 classes, your buffs are mostly round/level which makes them impractical, and your feats are all over the place. You need to increase your HD and CL, get rid of the useless feats, and stop trying to cast spells from four different lists... or do it more efficiently. Your whole build could be done more easily just with Cleric and Prestige Paladin, as long as you focus on building your CL up a bit.

Also, use Greater Luminous Armor instead of Greater Magic Armor. It's way better.

Bphill561
2019-11-03, 12:53 PM
Here are some alternatives, but they as many lists.

Bard 2/Cleric 1/Bard 2/Eldritch Master 2/Dweomerkeeper (DK) 1/Eldritch Master 2/Sublime Chord 1/ DK 9

Eldritch master does not progress spell casting, but grants a spell slot 1 level higher than you can currently cast at levels 3,6,and 9. Additionally it grants an addition spell list of your choice at level 4 and 8 that you can learn spells from. Bonus metamagic feats at levels 3, 6, and 9.

L1 Extend Spell, Cleric 3 Scribe Scroll (Rune Domain), L3 Persistent Spell, L6 Spell Focus Transmutation, EM 9 Alternative Sourced Spell, L9 Persistent Spell, L12 Practiced Spell caster Sublime Chord, L15 Ability Enhancer, L18 Fell Energy Spell

So your sublime chord can cast spells from bard, cleric, and sorcerer all off of Charisma. Ability Enhancer increases the bonus by +2 on all ability scores from transmutation spells. Fell Energy Spell increases the all numerical spell bonuses by +2 for undead creatures. Bite of the Vampire spell will make you count as undead. You can push your Charisma into the 70's with buffs. DK will allow you to cast 4 spells as supernatural spells to make them immune to dispel. Makes sure you use that on 4 extended, persistent spells cast on alternating days.

Crazy version of above.

Bard 1/Cleric 1/ Wizard 1/ Human Paragon 2/ DK1/ EM 4/Sublime chord 1/ DK 9

Advance wizard with paragon and DK first getting you to level 2 spells, EM for your level 3 spell. Dark Shuffle your cleric armor feats for bonus spell slot once your enter sublime chord picking up 1, 2, and 3rd level spell slots. EM also grant a number of bonus spells known at those levels so you end up with 1-9 level sublime chord casting.

Version I played
Bard 2/Cleric 1/ Bard 2/ EM 5/Sublime Chord 2/ Sacred Exorcist 2/ Sublime chord 5/EM 1

I wanted more skill points and grants a 10 level spell slot. If you can use the light bringer cleric variant of turn undead, Sacred Exorcist will give you a second turning pool. Both official work for divine metamagic.

An actual Gish build

Bard 1/ Fighter 2/Bard 2/ Spell sword 2/Spell Dancer 2/ Divine Crusader 1/Sublime Chord 1/ Fochlucan Lyrist 9.

You need an Intellegence of 16 and human to pull this off. BAB of 16 at level 20 without spells. Divine Crusader has 9th levels spells from one domain list cast off of Cha. Sublime Chord has 4-9th level spells from Bard and Sorc cast off of Cha. Put up a persistent Sheltered Vitality and you can dance all day long.

H1 Ocular Spell, L1 Combat Casting, F2 Dodge, F3 Mobility, L3 Sanctum Spell, L6 Endurance, SS7 Weapon Focus, L9 Extend Spell, L12 Persistent spell, L15 Practiced Spellcaster sublime chord