PDA

View Full Version : Magic Deckbuilding Help

Zeful
2007-10-18, 12:14 AM
Okay as the title suggests I need some help building a Magic: The Gathering deck.

Here's what I've got so far
Lands and Critters 20 plains
3 Blade's of the Sixth Pride
2 Ghost Warden
2 Steadfast Guard
1 Benalish Cavalry
1 Venerable Monk
Instants and Sorceries (Mostly Instants) 2 Withstand
1 Mending Hands
1 Recuperate
1 Leave No Trace
1 Altar's Light
1 Smite
1 Roar of the Kha
1 Stand Firm
Enchanments and Artifacts 1 Serra's Boon
1 Arrest
1 Soaring Hope
1 Angel's Feather
1 Titanium Golem
1 Steel Wall

What would you guys recomend to flesh this deck out?

lumberofdabeast
2007-10-18, 03:56 AM
Depends. What format are you playing? At any rate, you need fewer 1-ofs and 2-ofs; you want as many 4-ofs as possible for consistency.

Were-Sandwich
2007-10-18, 04:02 AM
And less damage preventing stuff. Every damage prevention spell is one less face-smashing creature. Look into the new Kithkin cards from Lorwyn if you have the time.

Zeful
2007-10-18, 04:33 AM
I play casually and don't have money to buy cards or spots in tournaments so format is a non-issue. How ever, my current deckbuilding centers around a weird core-concept and goes from there (my black-green deck was designed to 'breed' one specific type of creature. They end up being smash face decks and I'm trying to get away from that style of play.

My thoughts for the deck currently is 20 lands, 25 creatures, and then the rest (15) split up between artifacts, instants, sorceries and enchantments. But I've got no idea what to stick in.

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-18, 05:54 AM
If format doesn't matter guess you could create a nuisance deck full of enchant creatures and creature tappers.
Things like Pacifism, Arrest, Cage of Hands, Faith's Fetter, Goldmeadow Harrier, Benalish Trapper, Master Decoy
Then add some walls and regenerating creatures like Wall of Glare, Angelic Wal, Revered Dead, Knights of Holy Nimbus
And some cheap instants and sorceries like Mana Tithe, Mending Hands, Sunlance, Holy Day and maybe rebuff the wicked
And finally a fatty or 2 to finish things off.
Might not be a pretty deck but can be annoying as hell to play against if you're depending on your creatures to get you through the game.

Istari
2007-10-23, 02:47 PM
Serra Angel is a good white card if you can get one

Ominous
2007-10-23, 11:51 PM
No all white deck should be without Wrath of God or Akroma, Angel of Wrath.

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-24, 02:59 AM
He already said he's can't afford much which is why pretty much everything I suggested are commons/uncommons. Wrath, Akroma and Serra are all rares so unless he has a copy lying around somewhere, he probably won't be using them.
That been said, I second the fact that no white control decks can go without Akroma or Wrath if money isn't an issue.