PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Can you help me with a tricky Assasine?

Pandreas
2019-11-03, 02:03 PM
Hello everyone,
so I wanted to create a Assasine with a pretty specific picture in mind:

- slippery (hard to catch or lock down, stealth maybe)
- able to create illusions
- able to cast Animte Objects (please dont ask why xD)
- creating doubles wont work i guess :(
- of course it would be nice if he still did damage
- can we make it creepy? ^^

Multiclassing is allowed! So let me here your suggestions please :D
I would gladly here thoughts and discussions about it.

Sigreid
2019-11-03, 02:29 PM
Warlock/Sorcerer with the disguise invocation, the spy background and subtle spell?

Should give you a disguise at a moment's notice (slippery), access to a poisoner's kit proficiency and the ability to magically strike without revealing who you are. Take 3 levels in warlock for an imp familiar to help you scout/spy and cause distractions. 17 levels in sorc will give you a good bit of meta magic and 9th level spells.

I'd look at shadow sorcerer for the hound of ill omen, or draconic for the built in armor.

Arkhios
2019-11-03, 11:37 PM
How about College of Swords Bard with the Spy background?

You'd get a reasonably good way to deal damage (with a weapon), and cast illusions, as well as cast Animate Objects (one of the best spells a bard has access to). Plus, you could have Expertise on Stealth.

Pandreas
2019-11-05, 04:11 PM
So first if all a big thanks to the two if you for your suggestions and sorry for the late reply.

The first build comes with high magic power which is appealing since it gives access to many high damage spells later on and is nice for disguising myself. I like the omen way more to honest. Only problem is it lacks physical damage which u might need for a little trick.

Second build sounds nice as well and I considered going somewhere like that as well. I am just not very familiar with playing cards so far.... but I will give it some more reading.

So thanks again and I hope you have a great day! :D

dragoeniex
2019-11-05, 05:23 PM
Whispers Bard for pseudo sneak attacks (Psychic Blades ability), a lot of spell casting, and a built-in creepy theme that's easy to love. If the highest power spell your after is Animate Objects, peace-out at lv 10 (Psychic Blades goes up here) and continue Rogue the rest of the way. :smallsmile:

Seconding that Swords Bard also works, if you want more multi-hit, consistent magic swordsman than single-hit striker between casting a lot of spells.

It's the creepy factor and preference for trickery and illusions that makes me recommend Whispers here. The subclass abilities fit very nicely for social manipulation and wearing illusory disguises that look like your victims.

Either way, go Criminal for your background to keep thieves tools proficiency. Expertise lets you sneak and deceive like a pro!

You could also look at a School of Illusion Wizard for a lot of the illusory fun things, but they definitely lend themselves to less physical assassinating.