PDA

View Full Version : Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

Skippy
2007-10-18, 12:20 AM
There's a trailer already!! (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26459.html)

Is anyone as excited as I am?

Icewalker
2007-10-18, 12:25 AM
Not excited I'd say. It doesn't look too impressive :smallfrown:

I played one of the earlier ones on GBA, and they are very good games. I like the way they work.

Also, have you ever played Fire Emblem? I found them to be extremely similar, but also way better.

Skippy
2007-10-18, 12:29 AM
I loved all the games. I've played every single one of them and I have loved the gameplay. Sadly, I haven't played Fire Emblem, but if this game is half as good as the last one (Dual Strike), then it is worth buying.

Icewalker
2007-10-18, 12:38 AM
Fire Emblem has the same square map turn-based movement of units, except instead of masses of "infantry" and "heavy tank" each is an individual hero (set in a fantasy setting of course). The game takes place over many chapters, and if a character is killed, you can't use them any more. There are healers among them, so that helps. Excellent games.

Skippy
2007-10-18, 12:41 AM
Will look for them, then. Thanks!

Raiser Blade
2007-10-18, 01:10 AM
Ohmigod! I own all of them I have beaten them. Colin is teh pwnzor. Can't wait for this one.

Skippy
2007-10-18, 01:17 AM
Ohmigod! I own all of them I have beaten them. Colin is teh pwnzor. Can't wait for this one.

Colin + His sister + Dual power = Instant pwnage

lumberofdabeast
2007-10-18, 02:56 AM
Colin + His sister + Dual power = Instant pwnage
Sky = Blue
Grass = Green
AWDS = Suck

As for the Fire Emblem games, I couldn't really get into them all that much. I dunno what it was about them, I just didn't like them.

And as for DoR, bleh. Those isometric units are downright ugly, particularly on 2D maps.

Raiser Blade
2007-10-18, 12:53 PM
Colin is just so good at getting good units on the field before your opponent. Combined with his sisters skill at getting more money and you have easy victory.

P.S. I love activating colins power to the point where a small tank will obliterate a neotank.

Skippy
2007-10-18, 12:58 PM
Oh, yeah. That's evilgasmic.

BRC
2007-10-18, 12:58 PM
Personally I like colin and whatshisname, the yellow star guy who's units are really expensive but really good.
Use colin to build up a massive army of weak troops then swap to mister protoss.

Skippy
2007-10-18, 01:19 PM
Personally I like colin and whatshisname, the yellow star guy who's units are really expensive but really good.
Use colin to build up a massive army of weak troops then swap to mister protoss.

Kanbei, the Samurai, leader of Yellow Comet.

The combo Max+Kanbei= terrestrial direct combat pwnage

A Rainy Knight
2007-10-18, 02:48 PM
For the Fire Emblem games, just get The Sacred Stones. In my opinion, the others suck compared to it because Sacred Stones has a freeform monster-slaying campaign after you beat the story that adds a ton of replay value.

Also:
Woohoo! More Advance Wars!
Cheers to one of my favorite GBA/DS games!
I've played a lot of games with my dad. I personally like Eagle, Grit, and Kanbei. Especially Kanbei. With his Super CO Power, Battle Copters can decimate Anti Air when the AA is attacking! :smallbiggrin:

But it seems like it lost its distinctive cheerfulness. Where are the cute soldiers, colorful backgrounds, and peppy theme songs? Those were some of my favorite parts! :smallfrown:

tenguro
2007-10-22, 01:05 AM
I am, I loved the ones from the GBA, haven't really played the one for the DS, so I need to get my butt into gear to play it.

Inhuman Bot
2007-10-22, 07:46 PM
Excited? not a chance. they FINALLY decided to but bikes in them though. the others were good and the black hole has attacked[insert contenet here] so [insert co names here] fight until they band together to destroy [insert black hole boss here] which ends with[ insert ending here]. the apocalypse feel is not advance wars at all..... and it proves mankind WILL continue to kill each other even when theres only a few men and women left.... not advance war "happy war" feeling at all.... no not at all...

LordVader
2007-10-22, 08:24 PM
*drools*

I really need to get a DS.:smalltongue:

Green Bean
2007-10-22, 10:07 PM
I hope they bring back Lash. I owned with her in Dual Strike (even though she got nerfed... :smallfrown:)