PDA

View Full Version : Kensei Battlemaster?

R0NIN
2019-11-03, 09:39 PM
How well does this work out? I feel like the Kensei Monk is an awesome idea, but the whole sword saint thing doesn't really come across as the master of the blade comparatively. Seems to be consistently outdamaged. I want to play a master swordsman. I was thinking of pairing the Kensei with Battlemaster levels. Would a 8 monk/ 12 fighter split be better for the extra 3rd attack or would it be best to do go 16/4 to get the most out of monk?

Dork_Forge
2019-11-03, 10:42 PM
How well does this work out? I feel like the Kensei Monk is an awesome idea, but the whole sword saint thing doesn't really come across as the master of the blade comparatively. Seems to be consistently outdamaged. I want to play a master swordsman. I was thinking of pairing the Kensei with Battlemaster levels. Would a 8 monk/ 12 fighter split be better for the extra 3rd attack or would it be best to do go 16/4 to get the most out of monk?

Kensei mixed with Battlemaster works out great, especially with Dueling boosting weapon damage. What split you go for really depends on your preferences, the 16M/4F would let you Stunning Strike and Flurry more consistently throughout the day but the 12F split gives you higher base damage and a touger feel. If you're interested here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCwKVbqvUGc) is my take on the build.

Misterwhisper
2019-11-03, 10:44 PM
Just go all battlemaster unless you just really want to be unarmored, then dip 1 level of monk and leave.