PDA

View Full Version : Character for a Haunted House oneshot

strangebloke
2019-11-04, 10:39 AM
So I have a oneshot next weekend. I'm finally playing 5e for (nearly) the first time! I rolled godly stats as well so basically any character concept is on the table. The theme for the one-shot is "haunted house" and I was wondering what thematic builds y'all can come up with.

The rules are as follows:

UA only with pre-approval (would like to avoid)
Races from PHB, everything else with approval, except for yuan-ti which is banned.
Bloodhunter is on the table, as are all published classes and subclasses.
DM rolls for the stats (17/16/15/14/12/7) Yes I am bragging at this stage.
Level 5
no magic items to start with
multiclassing/feats are go

So far I know what two other players are planning. We have an evil gnome assassin (chucky expy) and a wood elf shadow monk. If possible I'd like to play something like a horror movie monster just for the comedic effect of a party of horror movie villains in a haunted house.

My current build ideas are:

Tiefling Fiend Bladelock for maximum edge
Levistus Tiefling Storm Herald for heavy metal
Dragonborn Devotion Paladin for contrast with the rest of the party.
Mobile Vhuman Eagle Barbarian using TWF. (Jason)

What do you all have?

strangebloke
2019-11-05, 09:54 AM
So thinking about this a bit more, and thinking about how you would replicate a horror movie villain, and I think that a ranger could actually be really good for simulating a Shia Labeouf or a Most Dangerous Game sort of baddy.

So, like,

Lord Huntwell DehMann
Vhuman Hunter Ranger
16/18/16/14/12/14
Bonus Feat: SS

Totally basic, but the flavor would be that I'm a psychotic rich guy who hunts people for fun. Lowkey evil, but still fully lawful evil. It would play into the other more obvious badguy archetypes by seeming at first breath to be a relatively normal adventurer.

Do people have other ideas?

Ertwin
2019-11-05, 10:55 AM
Well. It looks like your party has dps under control.

You should definitely go for the tankiest build you can make, and be a Jason expy.