PDA

View Full Version : Clothing for Werewolves and other Shapeshifters

Dr. Cliché
2019-11-05, 11:19 AM
There's currently a thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?601960-Appearance-and-logistics-of-winged-humanoids-(clothing-backpacks-etc-)) discussing what clothes a winged Tiefling (or similar creature) could wear, along with whether they'd be able to use a backpack.

This got me thinking - what about werewolves and similar shapeshifters?

Now, admittedly, a werewolf probably wouldn't be able to retain clothes if he changed into a full wolf. But what about if he wanted to switch between human and hybrid forms without bursting out of his shoes and shredding his other clothes? What sort of clothes would be best, do you think?

Also, whilst clothes might not be an option, what about backpacks or other storage items? Are there any that would still work even if he changed fully into a wolf?

darknite
2019-11-05, 11:26 AM
Are we talking every day or formal? In any event, a mumu is probably the answer.

Temperjoke
2019-11-05, 11:27 AM
I'd say a messenger style bag, one that's side-slung over the shoulder and across the chest, would be a better choice of bag for lycanthropes, since it doesn't restrict the back. Wouldn't work for a winged person, since the strap would come down between the wings. Maybe flyers can have a fanny pack of holding?

GlenSmash!
2019-11-05, 11:39 AM
If I ever get to play a werebear character he will wear a kilt. pulling it off his shoulder as he Shifts.

MagneticKitty
2019-11-05, 11:43 AM
There's a common magic item that's self repairing clothing. I always assumed they would want that. My lycan character has that :)