PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a feat

nighteyes95
2019-11-05, 03:46 PM
I remember a feat that allowed you to have a spell originate from an ally's location.
it may have had to be a undead minion I don't remember.
but I can't find it after looking for the last two days in my spare time and was hoping somebody here might be able to point me to the right book/feat.

Thurbane
2019-11-05, 04:02 PM
Off the top of my head, closest I can think of is Deceptive Spell (Cityscape p.60)...but that changes the apparent origin point of the spell, not the actual origin point.

There's also Selective Spell (Shining South p.21), but I don't think that is what you're looking for either - that lets you exclude allies from AoE spells.

Bonzai
2019-11-05, 07:47 PM
I think in the PHB2 there was a feat that let you originate the spell through your familiar...

Thurbane
2019-11-05, 08:46 PM
I think in the PHB2 there was a feat that let you originate the spell through your familiar...

Would that be Spell-Linked Familiar (PHB2 p.83)? Works a bit similarly to Imbue With Spell Ability (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/imbueWithSpellAbility.htm).

nighteyes95
2019-11-05, 10:55 PM
Off the top of my head, closest I can think of is Deceptive Spell (Cityscape p.60)...but that changes the apparent origin point of the spell, not the actual origin point.

Not what I was thinking of but it works because I was looking for it to fit the theme for an NPC thanks

and the Spell-Linked Familiar will be useful so people don't even realize the deception by actually launching some spells from angles the spellcaster couldn't