PDA

View Full Version : Ganondorf (Legend of Zelda) V.S Raiden (Mortal Kombat series)

DarthArminius
2019-11-07, 12:01 PM
Raiden's attacks all count as holy against Ganondorf in this vs debate because he's a god. Is he powerful enough to defeat Ganondorf Dragmire?

Please, note, while I say "Ganondorf Dragmire", what I really mean is Ganondorf, a composite being of his Link To The Past and Twilight Princess versions. Raiden, in this instance, is at his most powerful, as protector of Earth Realm.

For those of you who think that Ganondorf stomps, remember that Raiden is at his MOST powerful, which is superior to his showing when he almost defeated The Deadly Alliance. Raiden has the capabilities of flight, and also his thunder powers, which are his most obvious abilities. He should also be difficult to land a hit on since he can teleport spam at will.

For those of you who think that Raiden stomps, remember that Ganondorf's durability is freakishly high. He took being impaled on a magical sword being specifically created by powerful sages to kill him and shrugged it off. He is also an incredibly powerful sorcerer, master swordsman, also nothing to scoff at with his ultimate form as Ganon, King Of Evil.

Raiden's precious Earth Realm is in danger from Ganondorf's invasion, but if Raiden can stop him in a duel (Not Mortal Kombat) to the death, then he would have protected the Human race for a number of centuries before Ganon comes back. So who wins?

Raimun
2019-11-07, 09:01 PM
I'm not a fan of either series because I haven't played either series that much... too many games in the world and too little time. I've played just some hours of Ocarina of Time and occasionally some MK-games... and watched the first movie!

Anyway, isn't Raiden pretty much immortal when everything goes? As in, also physically and not just by being immune to disease, aging and stuff?

The only reason why he can be decapitated, incinerated, eviscerated and defenestrated with such a relative ease is because he's mostly depicted as a playable character in games that depicts Mortal Kombat-tournaments. And he's not allowed to compete in in Mortal Kombat-tournaments without powering down and taking a mortal form that isn't invincible and can be actually killed. Outside of Mortal Kombat, he's not limited in such way and he's way more powerful than as a playable character.

So, I'd say Raiden can win easily because he's immortal. He also seems to be more versatile, faster and mobile and also possesses more raw power because he has complete control of electricity. And while electricity is Raiden's main thing, he can do all kinds of stuff like fly, teleport make portals (worm holes?), raised dead and pretty much anything as long as the plot requires it.

Besides, if Link can do it, how hard it can be for Raiden? Link is basically just a pretty good swordsman with gadgets and limited blasting focused magical powers.

DarthArminius
2019-11-07, 09:05 PM
I'm not a fan of either series because I haven't played either series that much... too many games in the world and too little time. I've played just some hours of Ocarina of Time and occasionally some MK-games... and watched the first movie!

Anyway, isn't Raiden pretty much immortal when everything goes? As in, also physically and not just by being immune to disease, aging and stuff?

The only reason why he can be decapitated, incinerated, eviscerated and defenestrated with such a relative ease is because he's mostly depicted as a playable character in games that depicts Mortal Kombat-tournaments. And he's not allowed to compete in in Mortal Kombat-tournaments without powering down and taking a mortal form that isn't invincible and can be actually killed. Outside of Mortal Kombat, he's not limited in such way and he's way more powerful than as a playable character.

So, I'd say Raiden can win easily because he's immortal. He also seems to be more versatile, faster and mobile and also possesses more raw power because he has complete control of electricity. And while electricity is Raiden's main thing, he can do all kinds of stuff like fly, teleport make portals (worm holes?), raised dead and pretty much anything as long as the plot requires it.

Besides, if Link can do it, how hard it can be for Raiden? Link is basically just a pretty good swordsman with gadgets and limited blasting focused magical powers.

Eh, Link is a destined hero empowered by the Goddess of Courage. That's a little different from just being a good swordsman gadgeteer.

As for Raiden being invincible, gods can actually kill each other in Mortal Kombat. Also , the rules for gods and people like that is kind of hazy. Raiden wasn't restricted to the rules of Mortal Kombat, if I remember right, when he was beaten by the Deadly Alliance.

Dienekes
2019-11-08, 05:57 PM

So, Ganondorf is the manifestation of the hatred of Demise (basically LoZ’s Lucifer) set to eternally challenge the three goddesses and the descendants of their champions Link and Zelda. Within the lore he can only be killed by specific arrows of holy light. And has resurrected from that at least once. Possibly more.*

Regardless, I’m inclined to give this one to Raiden, but then again. Raiden can theoretically be beaten by Johnny Cage, who is just a movie star with an ego and some martial arts training. And I’d put my money on Ganondorf over Cage any day of the week.

*So, LoZ lore is ridiculous and contradictory. Kinda like Mortal Kombat really. In any case, the Dorf was said to be one recurring character by the series creator, unlike Zelda and Link who are new people in most games. This however is contradicted in Four Swords Adventure where he is reincarnated. And possibly in the background of Breath of the Wild 2 where we see what looks to be Ganondorf’s corpse very much not killed in the way he should have in that timeline. So yeah. It’s a mess.

khadgar567
2019-11-23, 12:47 PM
while my money is on raiden real winner would be new elder goddess of light zelda since raiden is kinda smart enough to land enough godly power to someone so they can go to handle the main issue sow ho wins elder goddess zelda vs three goddess of hyrule place your bets folks cat fight of your life time is right after the break.

No brains
2019-11-23, 09:36 PM
I think Gannondorf ends up consistently low tier in Smash, while Raiden can sit around A-tier in his games. It's ultimately up to which player- I mean 'elder god'- guides them, but Raiden may have at least a 60-40 split. :smalltongue:

I think when it matters most, Raiden will win because Gannondorf is set up by destiny to lose. Raiden has the benefit of (sometimes time-travel enhanced) self-reflection while Gannondorf is just going to keep eviling because he thinks it's going to work this 30th time. Raiden has the capacity to try new strats and make painful choices in order to defeat evil. Gannon is confused by a fishing rod.

Also Raiden winz becuz "GIMMIEMYMONEY!!!" and "GALIGALIGA!!!"