PDA

View Full Version : Feat found, New Metamagic Question.

PraxisVetli
2019-11-08, 04:55 AM
I thought I once found a feat that allowed you to hit an enemy with a specific energy type, then a different type on the next round, for added benefit.
For example, if you hit someone with Cone of Cold then next round catch them in a Lightning Bolt, the Lightning's DC was higher, or something.
I barely remember it.
Anyone have any ideas?
Fixed that problem, and I figured I'd just add on instead of a whole new thread.
Does an item crafted with as a use activated item discharging a spell augmented with the Metamagic Retributive Spell allow the user to repeatedly trigger the item as an immediate action, assuming the proper conditions are met, i.e., the user was hit by a melee attack?

Gauntlet
2019-11-08, 05:03 AM
Sounds like Energy Gestalt to me. Complete Mage page 42, Tactical feat.

PraxisVetli
2019-11-08, 05:03 AM
NAILED IT!
Thank you!
Edited the OP with a new question.

Falontani
2019-11-08, 09:17 PM
The new question was recently answered in the RAW thread, the answer is that a retributive spell is cast using the normal action for the spell with a metamagic. At which point it becomes a spell that is triggered when you are struck.

PraxisVetli
2019-11-08, 11:55 PM
The new question was recently answered in the RAW thread, the answer is that a retributive spell is cast using the normal action for the spell with a metamagic. At which point it becomes a spell that is triggered when you are struck.

Yup, I had double asked just out of urgency with needing an answer.
I think then I'll just have to have 3 of the same item then, so I can use it 3/encounter.