PDA

View Full Version : Playing Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde in the Elsir Vale (RHoD)

questionmark693
2019-11-09, 10:18 PM
I'm getting ready to run an adventure in the near future, and I was planning on using the SGoS as the first few levels, then going into RHoD. I'm aware of the level discrepancy, and I'm going to be making some adjustments to the creatures used in the SGoS, but I'm specifically looking on input for the location. I'm looking at placing the Ebon Cabal and the Luminous Order in Brindol, and putting the broken gate in the wyrmsmokes.

The main problem I see with this is if we complete this quest and take care of the gate, then how do we manage to not notice the goblin army amassing? I'm looking for any and all input please!

YellowJohn
2019-11-11, 12:16 PM
Don't put it in the Wyrmsmokes seems like the logical answer :smallcool:

When I ran RHoD, I played a few starter adventures in a small frontier town in a fertile valley at the base of the Giantshields, upstream from Elsircross. There's nothing stopping you from adding your own 'small frontier settlements' - or even putting it somewhere near Redrock.

I had my players rescue a historian/wannabe treasure hunter who, between adventures, found clues hinting at the undiscovered treasure vaults in Varath Keep & asked the party to help him investigate. Feel free to steel this hook :smallbiggrin: