PDA

View Full Version : Ways to increase supernatural ability DCs?

Sheogoroth
2019-11-10, 01:03 PM
I've seen some monster feats to improve special attack DCs, does that include supernatural abilities?

I'm specifically looking at the Fiend of Possession. Posession might loosely be considered an attack, but what do you guys think?

JNAProductions
2019-11-10, 01:08 PM
I've seen some monster feats to improve special attack DCs, does that include supernatural abilities?

I'm specifically looking at the Fiend of Possession. Posession might loosely be considered an attack, but what do you guys think?

Ability Focus should work, right?

Silva Stormrage
2019-11-10, 01:56 PM
Since your possession ability you are looking at is cha based Veil of Allure (MiC) increases all cha based SU DCs by 2. Only 14k too so fairly cheap.

Rijan_Sai
2019-11-11, 01:53 PM
Since your possession ability you are looking at is cha based Veil of Allure (MiC) increases all cha based SU DCs by 2. Only 14k too so fairly cheap.

SInce I'm in "that kind of mood," I must mention that the Cloak of Charisma (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#cloakofCharisma) does the same thing, and affects all of your CHA-based skills, for only an additional 2000 gold. :smalltongue:

Ability Focus (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsterFeats.htm#abilityFocus) would, by my reading, work for this. (As would Sudden Ability Focus from Tome of Magic, though only 1/day.) (At least, I don't see anything that would indicate the negative...)

Thurbane
2019-11-11, 06:01 PM
There's also Sudden Aiblity Focus (ToM p.74) which boost DC by 2, but only functions 1/day. It stacks with Ability Focus. Already mentioned.

Then there's booster feats for specific attacks:

Heighten Breath (Dr p.70) increases DC of a breath weapon by increasing the recharge time
Improved Web (SS p.36) [most webs may not be supernatural]
Improved Paralysis (LM p.27) +4 DC to paralysis attack
Reverberation (SS p.39) adds +2 DC to sonic attacks
Virulent Poison (SS p.40) +2 DC to poisons [most poisons may not be supernatural]

...there's probably other, similar feats I've missed.

ShurikVch
2019-11-11, 06:50 PM
Power Surge feat (Dragon #313) allow to get for a Su ability which usable at least 3/day: +1 DC, +1 damage per die, or +50% duration time

Thurbane
2019-11-11, 07:39 PM
Imagine the DC for the breath weapon of a Battle Dragon using the Ability Focus, Sudden Ability Focus, Reverberation, Heighten Breath and the Power Surge feats. :smallcool:

animewatcha
2019-11-11, 08:57 PM
Interestingly, Bardic music - inspire courage ( and by extension Dragonfire inspiration ), could benefit from Power surge feat's +1 damage per die. Several bardic musics could also use the +1 to DC.

ViperMagnum357
2019-11-11, 10:13 PM
Imagine the DC for the breath weapon of a Battle Dragon using the Ability Focus, Sudden Ability Focus, Reverberation, Heighten Breath and the Power Surge feats. :smallcool:

Add in the Ravening Psychosis for another +2 to the save DC and quick recharge.

Zaq
2019-11-12, 12:40 AM
SInce I'm in "that kind of mood," I must mention that the Cloak of Charisma (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#cloakofCharisma) does the same thing, and affects all of your CHA-based skills, for only an additional 2000 gold. :smalltongue:

Good thing they stack, huh?