PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite spells for a cleric Dweomerkeeper?

Zhepna
2019-11-11, 06:28 AM
Hi,

I'll play a DMM persist cleric with Dweomerkeeper and the Supernatural Spell (Su) capacity allows to cast spells without the xp or gp components. I have access to anyspell and anyspell, greater.

I'm looking for any spell, even if they are not powerful

This is what i found for the moment:
Raise Dead
Restoration
Miracle
anyspell, greater -) permanency
limited wish (via spell domain)

and the following spells need 2 uses of the supernatural spell (Su), using limited wish to change the casting time of a spell to standard action then use the ability again to cast the follow spell:
hallow
ressurrection
true ressurrection

Thanks a lot for the information and have a nice day.

Anthrowhale
2019-11-11, 07:50 AM
Supernatural Spell requires a standard action (or lesser) casting time.

A wizard can get around this limitation using Uncanny Forethought. Technically, you only need to be a Wizard 1 to use Uncanny Forethought...

Xervous
2019-11-11, 08:04 AM
What does the rest of your party look like, what’s the general gist of the campaign?

Biggus
2019-11-11, 08:22 AM
This (http://www.d20srd.org/extras/d20spellfilter/) can help with questions of this type.

XP:

Gate

GP:

Astral Projection
Stoneskin
True Seeing
Undeath to Death

Spells with longer casting times:

Atonement
Commune
Planar Ally (and Lesser/ Greater)
Glyph of Warding (and Greater)
Greater Restoration
Symbol of X

How are you casting Limited Wish btw?

Zhepna
2019-11-11, 12:42 PM
Anthrowhale : Thanks for the info. I'm not sure I'll be able to introduce a wizard lvl in the build but I'll check this option.

Xervous : i did not play with them yet but the dm told me that they are lvl 12 barbarian and rogue with over-the-top equipement and +2 races. He told me to start lvl 14 with 250 000 gp of Equipment and he'll see if I'm strong enough to be with them. The campaign is basicly there's a religion that control everything and you need authorization to use magic if you are not part of the guild. They hates everything that is not human. A big war is coming from all species and magic user versus them but for the moment, 1 of the party member need to hide since he's not human.

Biggus: Thanks a lot, it's exactly the kind of search engine I was looking for. You also gave nice suggestions, I'll add them to the build :smallsmile:
To cast limited Wish, I gain the spell domain when I get Contemplative prestige class at lvl 12. It's the lvl 7 spell slot. So I'll probably be able to use it only once per day, unfortunatly...

Anthrowhale
2019-11-11, 02:20 PM
Anthrowhale : Thanks for the info. I'm not sure I'll be able to introduce a wizard lvl in the build but I'll check this option.

Oops, my mistake: uncanny forethought really only works on spells known which clerics plausibly don't have. Instead, you want archivist with something like:

Martial Wizard 1/Archivist 3/Church Inquisitor 1/Dweomerkeeper 3/Sacred Exorcist 1/DK 2/Contemplative 1/DK 3
Human: Spell Mastery
1. Uncanny Forethought
Wizard 1: Improved Initiative
Archivist 1: Scribe Scroll
3. Extend Spell
5. Use Substitute Domain to turn Inquisition into Magic.
6. Persistent Spell
9. DMM[Persistent Spell]
12. Ocular Spell or Assume Supernatural Ability [Tome Dragon's Free Metamagic]

Zhepna
2019-11-11, 02:56 PM
Why do you dip 1 lvl in Sacred Exorcist 1?

I saw online: A Cleric that traded away Turn Undead for (insert alternate source of DMM-fuel here). Double your DMM with one level.

But also found we cannot have two pool to increase the number of rebuke used to persist...

Biggus
2019-11-11, 03:56 PM
Found a few more you may be interested in, in the SpC:

Call Kolyarut/ Marut/ Zelekhut
Renewal/ Stalwart/ Zealot Pact

Anthrowhale
2019-11-11, 04:45 PM
Why do you dip 1 lvl in Sacred Exorcist 1?
Archivist does not get Turn Undead by default so you acquire it from Sacred Exorcist.

But also found we cannot have two pool to increase the number of rebuke used to persist...
This is a reasonable houserule.

Zombulian
2019-11-11, 05:20 PM
Skipping costs for Animate Dead is always nice, right?