PDA

View Full Version : Items to Improve Rage

YellowJohn
2019-11-11, 01:00 PM
I'm looking at items that could could potentially make a Barbarian Rage (specifically: that of a Bear Warrior) *EVEN NASTIER!*. Unfortunately, various Barbarian Handbooks out there are sorely lacking in equipment suggestions.

So far, I have:
'Furious' weapon property in Oriental Adventures for +2 Str, +2 Con, +1 Will Saves (that may not stack with Bear Rage)
'Brash' weapon property in the MIC for +3 rounds duration and Immunity to Fear

There are also a couple of weapon properties (Berserker MIC, Fury HoB) that give bonus damage while raging.

What else can people think of?

liquidformat
2019-11-11, 01:13 PM
Arms and Equipment guide has some different necklaces that give different bonuses to rage. I know there is an index out there that is exhaustive in equipment for every class but can't find it googling, right now...

The Viscount
2019-11-11, 05:54 PM
Magic Item Compendium's Mask of Blood extends the duration by an extra round, which is useful though not earth-shattering.

ShurikVch
2019-11-11, 07:21 PM
Demonhair Shirt (Dragon #356) - spend two Rage use to be affected by demonic fury: +6 Str, +2 AC, +10 speed (profane), your weapon (natural or not) count as chaotic for piercing DR, but you take 2 points of non-lethal damage each round

liquidformat
2019-11-11, 09:16 PM
http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=477.0 is a class resource tool that is pretty helpful.

Necklace of Marauding Beast was what I was thinking of from Arms and Equipment Guide; however, looking at it now it is way over priced....

Biggus
2019-11-11, 11:37 PM
Cloak of Predatory Vigor (MiC) Allows you to heal yourself as a swift action while raging

YellowJohn
2019-11-13, 03:21 AM
Thank you everyone for your input.
Looks like there's no way to get an extra +4Str out of my rage without spending feats. Pity:smallfrown:

sleepyphoenixx
2019-11-13, 05:07 AM
The Mantle of Rage from this collection of magic items (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/MagicItems.pdf) lets you rage one extra time per day for 6k.
Not exactly earth shattering but it can be useful. It's also notable for giving the Rage ability to non-barbarians.

Lvl 2 Expert
2019-11-13, 09:37 AM
I'm looking at items that could could potentially make a Barbarian Rage *EVEN NASTIER!*.

I've been told the documentary "Dear Zachary" works pretty well, or barring that a vuvuzela or a Pokémon game with no national dex.