PDA

View Full Version : How to build Escanor from The Seven Deadly Sins

TheDwarvenNerd
2019-11-12, 06:44 AM
Like the title says, how would you build Escanor the Lion Sin of Pride in D&D 5e?

As for race I'd say he's either a Scourge Aasimar with Radiant Consumption acting as him being "The One", or a Fire Genasi with Produce Flames and Burning hands acting as his Cruel Sun and Pride Flare abilities.

And as for class I think a Desert Storm Herald Barbarian fits him fairly well. It allows him to be big and tough and to deal LOTS of damage while he's raging.

So what's everyone's thoughts about this, I'd like to hear them.

Nidgit
2019-11-12, 10:36 AM
Scourge Aasimar seems appropriate, especially considering the source of his power.

I think the Oath of Heroism from a recent UA is the best match. Escanor is strong af and absolutely knows it, and his pride regarding his strength is his main trait while transformed. In particular, the Mighty Deed ability at Level 7 fits how he can inspire allied or scare enemies by virtue of absolutely obliterating someone. So I'd say at least 7 levels of Heroism Paladin with maybe some levels of Divine or Draconic Sorcerer thrown in for the more Fireball-like abilities.