PDA

View Full Version : Goblins and Kobolds(PC's & setting wise)?

Verble
2019-11-12, 05:17 PM
Edit: This is probably in the wrong subforum if a mod would like to move it. Thanks!

I'm a big fan of monstrous races in general, and kobolds and goblins specifically. I find they can have a very interesting role in society, such as kobolds maintaining city sewer systems or as in Ebberon where there was a Goblinoid empire that collapsed and current societies were built on top.

I've played a goblin wizard in the past and plan a kobold monk for an upcoming AL game. What are your thoughts on goblins and kobolds in your game society? What are your experiences with them as PC's? How are goblins and kobolds different from each other in your world?

Zerubbabel
2019-11-12, 09:15 PM
I love murdering Kobolds, so much so that we replayed Dragon Hoard twice. We actually went out of our way in chapter 1 and 2 to murder all of the Kobolds and stuff their corpses with gold and chicken. I don't think it's a damaging thing though as this pathology introduces it's own energy to the campaign. The Zealot Barbarian in my team literally had a pact with the Gods to annihilate all Kobolds from the lands as his final solution to the Kobold problem. Another Wizard who grew more powerful throughout the different sessions tried to use a Wish scroll to anhiliate the entire Kobold race, but was blocked by the Genie given it's outside the scope of the spell.