PDA

View Full Version : DM Help [3.x] Shapeshifters contracting lycanthropy

omegaghost
2019-11-12, 06:01 PM
Is there anything in the rules about creatures that already have a shapeshifter subtype becoming lycanthropes? I have a character in my game who plays an Irda, humanoid shapeshifter, and has contracted lycanthropy some time ago. I wanted to make something interesting out of it and was wondering if someone has already came up with something.

Thurbane
2019-11-13, 02:45 PM
RAW, I don't think there are any special rules about creatures with the Shapeshifter subtype contracting Lycanthropy. Maybe your natural shape-shifting audibility would let you shift out of were-form early?

You can qualify for the Lycanthropic Spell feat and possibly Moon Guardian PrC, but neither of those are much to write home about.

Since Irda already start at LA +2, contracting Lycanthropy is going to be pretty awful for the character, unless your DM waives the LA.

omegaghost
2019-11-13, 03:40 PM
Yeah, +2 more to LA is really too much, but I don't won't to give all the benefits of lycanthropy for free either. Thanks for the reply, I guess I'll just come up with something fun or disregard the lycanthropy entirely since the player doesn't know he has it yet and there's still time before his first full moon.