PDA

View Full Version : Musical instrument recommendations!

GreyBlack
2019-11-13, 04:24 AM
So this is gonna be a weird one. I have a character concept of a Barbarian Zealot; TLDR of his backstory is that he was once a member of an organization dedicated to protecting a royal family, but that royal family got screwed big time and his organization basically went underground to fight the good fight and bring the fight to these traitors.

So, fairly standard here, great. I bring up the backstory because I'm basing the character on the Black Watch from Battletech: for those not in the know, they're known for 3 things. "Kilts, whiskey, and murder." So I kinda latched onto this idea and basically wanted a dude who starts battle by playing his bagpipe to bring a sense of dread on the enemy before descending into a whiskey soaked rage to end the traitorous scum. However.... I legitimately don't know if bagpipes exist in Forgotten Realms! Building this character for Adventurers League, so my question is what musical instrument in the Forgotten Realms would be the equivalent of the bagpipes?

BloodSnake'sCha
2019-11-13, 04:29 AM
Just look at the list, they have bagpipes

https://www.dndbeyond.com/equipment/bagpipes

It is from the PHB so it doesn't even take your +1.

Trandir
2019-11-13, 04:39 AM
It might be a little weird but the FR equivalent of a bagpipe is a bagpipe. PHB Page 154 first musical instrument.

GreyBlack
2019-11-13, 05:24 AM
..... now to fulfill the fantasy of a crazed whiskey fueled Barbarian seeking vengeance for the death of the royal family.