PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Is there a Race Builder breakdown of third-party racial abilities such as DSP's?

AnonymousPepper
2019-11-16, 07:37 PM
Toying around with the Race Builder - first game I've played in where the GM has allowed it and I decided to experiment a little - and I was wondering if there's a table somewhere that lists things like the RP cost of DSP natural psionic and similar.

Inb4 "race builder is a bad system." Let a guy experiment a little. :smallannoyed:

Rynjin
2019-11-16, 07:54 PM
The race builder isn't bad because it lets people experiment, it's bad because it's inconsistent even with 1st party races and just a poorly thought out points system overall.

You're better off just constructing the race with the abilities you want it to have and running it by your GM to evaluate on its own merits.

AnonymousPepper
2019-11-16, 08:00 PM
The race builder isn't bad because it lets people experiment, it's bad because it's inconsistent even with 1st party races and just a poorly thought out points system overall.

You're better off just constructing the race with the abilities you want it to have and running it by your GM to evaluate on its own merits.

...I cannot emphasize enough, I do not care.

All I really wanna know is if it's been statted out somewhere for DSP races.

Rynjin
2019-11-16, 08:03 PM
...I cannot emphasize enough, I do not care.

An excellent attitude to have that will surely make people want to go out of their way to help you.

Peace.

Elricaltovilla
2019-11-16, 08:49 PM
No there is not.

phlidwsn
2019-11-16, 11:16 PM
From what I recall of the playtest threads, there is no such data because the various DSP authors did not make use of the race builder framework. Several authors, as I recall, explicitly rejected that framework as not suitable for their needs.

Lord_Gareth
2019-11-17, 12:34 AM
From what I recall of the playtest threads, there is no such data because the various DSP authors did not make use of the race builder framework. Several authors, as I recall, explicitly rejected that framework as not suitable for their needs.

Correct. There will not be such a thing forthcoming at any point from DSP.