PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Alchmist thrown anything feat

Scottlang
2019-11-17, 03:19 PM
Hi all,

This topic came up in game today:

All alchemists gain the Throw Anything feat as a bonus feat at 1st level. An alchemist adds his Intelligence modifier to damage done with splash weapons, including the splash damage if any. This bonus damage is already included in the bomb class feature.

Now, adding the int bonus to the damage and/or damage of the actual thrown item, like a vile of acid I get. Now the question I cannot find the ansser to, is this.... Do they get the reflex save for the splashed damage or not, as with the bomb, the alchemist gets int damage to the bomb, and then the ref for the spash damage. Now, I would say that they would, if you are going to be treating the spash damage as you would like the bomb spash damge.

Am I following the right rules, or is the player who said that it just gets the bonus damage and no save more along the right lines?
I need to know if I am going to be running PFS games and other alchemists in my game, this is what I would like to know.

Thanks
Scott

RatElemental
2019-11-18, 03:00 PM
As far as I can tell, RAW you indeed do just get extra damage with no save (unless the splash weapon has one of its own).