PDA

View Full Version : Strongarm bracers and Hulking Hurler questions

Zhepna
2019-11-18, 05:58 AM
Hi,

I have a hulking hurler cleric and I have the following questions:
1) I'm a large créature and can thrown big stuff which is already at the maximum weight of what I can carry. If I buy the Strongarm bracers, does it increase my carrying capacity? Could I carry a bigger house? What I mean is that the carrying capacity for large is 500 lb.–2 tons and huge is 2 tons–16 tons. Does the bracers could allows me to use a 16 tons house as a weapon?

if the answer is yes, I have another question
2) If I cast enlarge on me, I become huge and the bracers could allow me to thow stuff like if I was Gargantuan (16 tons–125 tons), enlarge says 'Multiple magical effects that increase size do not stack.' and I was wondering if the bracers and enlarge stack since bracers did not really increase my actual size, only the weapon I can use.

Thanks a lot for the info.

Strongarm bracers from Magic Item Compendium p.139

When wearing strongarm bracers, you can
wield weapons as if you were one size
category larger than normal. (You don’t
take any penalty when using weapons
as normal for your size.) For example,
a human wearing these bracers could
wield Large or Medium weapons without
penalty.
The effect of these bracers doesn’t
stack with the powerful build trait (such
as that possessed by the half-giant and
goliath races).

Khatoblepas
2019-11-18, 07:55 AM
1) No. Strongarm Bracers only allow you to wield weapons as if you were one size larger.

2) Yeah, they stack. Strongarm Bracers don't increase your size, they just allow you to function as if you were one size larger for one particular purpose.

You might be looking for Belt of the Wide Earth in the MIC (pg 204) that doubles your carrying capacity. The Hauling Back graft (Fiend Folio) makes you a quadraped for the purposes of carrying capacity (an extra x6 for Huge!). The Natural Heavyweight feat (Planar Handbook) also doubles your carrying capacity.